Is it possible to send program change messages to external FX from the Kemper?

• Hi,

I was wondering if the Kemper OS would allow users to assign a MIDI program change message to a Kemper Rig or Performance preset so that selecting that preset (eg via the Kemper Remote) would automatically send a MIDI message to an external FX device (eg in the FX Loop) connected to the Kemper MIDI Out?

This way, you could assign specific external patches on external FX to a given Kemper Performance or snapshot.

Regards,
    Antipodes

• Hi Antipodes,

it is:

From the Profiler Reference Manual 3.0:

Transmitting MIDI Commands in Performance Mode

MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to up to two external devices, whenever a Slot is loaded in
    Performance Mode. Select “MIDI Settings” on page “Slot Settings” and select the MIDI program change numbers
    associated with Slots of current Performance. In System menu, navigate to page “Perform Mode: MIDI”, and use soft
    knobs 1 and 2 to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices. Use soft buttons 1 and 2 to determine
    whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI THRU.

As soon as you select MIDI THRU to transmit MIDI commands by Slot the Profiler will stop forwarding incoming MIDI
    data to MIDI THRU.

For your convenience you could also assign logical names to those two external devices.

• Thanks Hell-G. That is just what I wanted to know. I was looking in the ref manual but not in perf mode.

Any reason why the limit is two? I think it is great that both MIDI out and MIDI Thru can be addressed but I can imagine wanting to use more than 2 devices. Perhaps something to consider for another revision to the OS.