Friedman Browneye profile

• Hey guys,

Did any of you check out the Friedman Browneye profile from NALICK on the RE?

Lower the definition a little - this is an absolutely killer profile!

Kudos NALICK, great job on this one! :thumbup:

Here is a quick clip - forgive the sloppiness

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• thanks guys,...it's literally my first attempt/profile...I have a lot to learn about the tube/pick/sag/clarity settings....

If anyone can refer me to a thread which gives advice on how to set those, that would great....or do you all just use your ears?

In any event, I'm encouraged with my first attempt....

Playing it through my Bogner cab I must say it sounds/feels pretty damn near the real thing! :) I also think it sounds good through my powered floor wedge QSC K10. I've not yet tried it as a direct recording. I'll get to finally practice with it next week, and perform live on June 26th and July 1st....

I sure love the M.Britt profiles I've bought....I wish Michael would reveal his wisdoms!

S. Nalick (Stone Groove)

• I think it's a great-sounding profile. I just adjusted the definition down a bit and added a little compressor (in the amp section) and power sagging and it sounds really nice. A lot of times higher gain amps will "read" a definition of 10.0 when profiling. It doesn't give much room for adjusting except down and I find high definition settings a tad harsh at higher volumes, so I tend to dial the definition back. It sounds just like a Friedman through a 212 closed back with a vintage 30 mic'd with a good dynamic mic should. Great job!

As far as adjustments, I have a few things that I just kinda like hearing, like a little of the tube sagging, compressor, and clarity in the amp section. It's all personal taste, though. I just use my ears and play with it a bit. I don't use pick/tube shape/tube bias very often.

• I just adjusted the definition down a bit and added a little compressor (in the amp section) and power sagging and it sounds really nice. A lot of times higher gain amps will "read" a definition of 10.0 when profiling. It doesn't give much room for adjusting except down and I find high definition settings a tad harsh at higher volumes, so I tend to dial the definition back.

As far as adjustments, I have a few things that I just kinda like hearing, like a little of the tube sagging, compressor, and clarity in the amp section. It's all personal taste, though. I just use my ears and play with it a bit. I don't use pick/tube shape/tube bias very often.

Awesome insights, thanks Michael!

• This is a great sounding profile. Per Michael's advice I lowered the definition, added some compressor in the amp section and added a little tube sag. I also lowered the gain by 1 LED. Its pretty big sounding, so I am not sure how it will sit in the mix at a gig, but it sounds great in the room through my CLR cab

• Did it lose its magic when you lowered the gain on the profile?

For me it didn't - it actually works well!

I also tried it with different guitars - great all around profile.

As a side note - I gave it a shot with some of Till's CabLab cabinets. Some great tones there also.

Thanks again for this one @StoneGroove ! :thumbup:

• Thanks for your feedback, all.

In the coming week or two I'll make some more profiles.

the Friedman BE100: all three channels, in differing states of gain.
    using the bogner OS 2x12 with the g12m/v30
    and
    my scumback 69 spec 4x12 with m75's
    Les Paul R0 w/ WCR American Steel pickups
    and
    Fender Ultrastrat with Motor City Black Iron

Eventually I'll add my Friedman modified Reinhardt V100 which is a very unique/awesome sounding amp, and my buddies Samson era Matchless Chieftain 2x12.

• ........please do..

• Luntho, today I finally uploaded your requested lower gain profile of my BE100.
    Sorry for the delay, but I was without my Kemper for about a month..just got it back and could accomodate your request.

FRIEDMAN BE100 MED GAIN
    I inadvertently changed my author name from NALICK to SNALICK
    In my haste I also forgot to add M.Britt's suggestions from above for some compression and lowering of definition..so you might have to make those adjustments, but overall I felt it sounded great through head phones...very lifelike.
    Please let me know what you think.
    I'll be able to start pumping out more profiles now of my clean channel and HBE channels, now that I have my kemper back.