Friedman Browneye profile

• the lower gain is perfect, but the cab is different than the first profile you made, more dull sounding. I assume you miked it differently? the old cab sounds better to me. thanx again for the profile :thumbup:

• Wrong. Just try it. Plug a chord, let it ring and hear what happens at compression value ~4.

Correct. While the compressor in the amp section is way more subtle than the ones in the stomps it still alters the sound a bit also on distorted profiles.

• Well, as I get more experience under my belt I'm learning that it's difficult to profile for everyone's different needs..for example, given that I now prefer playing my powered Kemper through my Bogner 2x12 as opposed to through a powered monitor...settings or mic placement that rock through my cab are not always the same settings that rock best through a PA or sometimes through through headphones.... for example the 2nd attempt I made for Lunthos above where he requested a medium gain setting...my difference in mic positioning was due to actually trying to become more methodical by listening through headphones as I moved the mic around, stopping at the spot where it sounded best, before finally profiling....he found it dull whereas for me the final product was absolutely killer through my cab and headphones...so go figure. I'll guess I'll just have to keep on working it.....

As a side note, for Friedman lovers, I visited Tone Merchants on Friday and spent about an hour rapping with Dave and Rob....played every Friedman model they had...which was all of them...what a great afternoon....I had not tried the PT20 before..could not believe how good that thing sounded...it was the one amp where I expected some sort of a "compromise" but no way. The Friedman guitars are awesome...loved playing the smallbox and buxom betty...the BE100 was still my favorite...but damn the all sound good...and the cleans on the Cantrell, SS100 and BE100 all sounded so good.

I'm definitely going to sell my scumback 69 spec 4x12 and invest in a Friedman 2x12 after seeing how they port the back of the cab...and designed the cab to keep the speakers lower to the ground for better bass...and no casters.

• That was freakin' cool, dude! Nice playing, too. I checked the profile and it sounds so totally different here that i wonder what guitar you used.
    Did you change sth else dramatically? cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• That was freakin' cool, dude! Nice playing, too. I checked the profile and it sounds so totally different here that i wonder what guitar you used.
    Did you change sth else dramatically? cheers

@Geraldo7 - thanks for the nice comments man, I appreciate it! :)

I wanted to demonstrate the quality of the profile, pretty much as is. So I don't think I over tweaked it - maybe slight EQ adjustments, but nothing more.

The guitar I used was a Chapman ML-1 Hot Rod, with the stock Seymour Duncan JB!! :)

• Sweet! I have to say I like 11 the best. It cuts through nicely.

• Sweet! I have to say I like 11 the best. It cuts through nicely.

all of them can sounds good, but need eq in the mix :D

Did any of you check out the Friedman Browneye profile from NALICK on the RE?

Lower the definition a little - this is an absolutely killer profile!

I know all is matter of taste but.. I'm the bad guy - so for me this sampla dont sounds good sounds so fu... "digital" :cursing:

Stay Metal!

Edited once, last by sinmix ().