rearranging profiles

• It may have been answered before but....
    I would like to rearrange profiles within the RM. Let's say place profile 67 to place 14 ( l know there aren't numbers on the RM) . there should be a way to simply drag a profile to a different spot..
    Any thoughts?

• Hey Studios, welcome :D

Well, RM is a database gifted with columns, and they are sortable alphabetically like in all the apps of the same kind.
    A solution would hence be to rename the file name (for example adding a number-prefix).
    Of course you won't be able to edit any field in a rig you've not created yourself, but you can do it when the rig is copied into a different folder.

Note that, since rigs are added to and deleted from the server at any moment, any attempt to keep a custom-ordered list in the Rig Exchange folder would fail.

HTH :)

PS: A come-on after 1 hour? Wow :D
    Most members are just sleeping in Europe ;)

• If you use Browse Mode, Rig Manager cannot be used to change Profile that is associated with the MIDI Program Change Numbers. But, it is easy to change them in the System Settings of the Kemper.

If you use Performance Mode, Rig Manager cannot directly arrange Performance Slots.
    But, you can "Copy" 67 (Bank 13, Slot 2) and "Paste" it into 14 (Bank 2, Slot 4) with the Copy/Paste buttons on the Kemper.

I don't think a "Drag and Drop" function could never really be simple, because you would also need you to specify what happens to all the other rigs. Using your example: Would the former #14 get replaced, or moved to #67? Or, do the rigs that were previously #14 to #66 each move up one number?

• I just figured if in any browser window on most apps one is able to sort files (rigs) by date, alphabetical order ,etc and particularly in this type of environment, one would be able to have (patch) numbers.
    I understand I'm mistaken to assume that numbers (midi) have been assigned already to the patches (they have if you plug in any pedalboard for switching) but l think it would be very useful that the first 1 thru 128 patches would be assigned already and a guy would only have to put them in the right place by drag and dropping...

Gianfranco...l guess that was intended for the ones on this side of the pond...: )

Reganomics...it would ,should work like every other fx processor (axe fx, lexicons etc) it replaces it

To both of you thank you for taking the time to so kindly answer...it is good to be here,just not as good as owning the Kemper

• Well, if you're willing to put in the time you could alway copy and paste everything into the local library, then move them back over to the profiler library (one at a time) in the desired order...

• Performance Slots ARE automatically assigned MIDI program change numbers.
    Bank One, slots 1 through 5 are MIDI PC Changes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
    If you load a different rig into Bank One, Slot 5, and it becomes MIDI PC Change 5.

You can use Rig Manager to LOAD a new Rig into a Performance slot:
    Make the Slot active in the Kemper.
    Doubleclick on the new rig in Rig Manager.
    It will be loaded into the Performance Slot.
    SAVE the Performance.
    Done :)