Setting Output Volume on Direct Output (for later Reamp use)

• Hi all,

i understand that in the "Output Section" of KPA you can set different volumes to Main Out and Direct output etc., like Git+Processing and Git Analog. Is there a way to change the Output level when setting DIRECT OUTPUT to Git Analog?
    I want to record the "Git analog" signal - the complete untouched guitar signal - for later reamp use, but how to set the volume of that output? I dont want to change the Main Output volume, or more, i want to change the main output volume (the full rig) separat from git analog via direct output...
    Ho do you guys edit the direct out (guitar DI-signal) recording volume? By audio interface? (i use line in Inputs on my focusrite with no gain controls)
    thank you

• You don't want to edit the recording volume, because doing affects the playback volume. Record the Git Analog signal with the interface input set to unity gain (with the knob set to 0db). Boosting or cutting the signal at the input of the interface will make it very difficult to send it back into the Kemper at the original level.

Does your Focusrite have an Instrument level Input? An instrument level input would have a better signal to noise ratio than a line level input.

• You don't want to edit the recording volume, because doing affects the playback volume. Record the Git Analog signal with the interface input set to unity gain (with the knob set to 0db). Boosting or cutting the signal at the input of the interface will make it very difficult to send it back into the Kemper at the original level.
    Does your Focusrite have an Instrument level Input? An instrument level input would have a better signal to noise ratio than a line level input.

hi, i'm sending "guit/master left" to mi focusrite trough spdif output but the signal level is not as good as expected into my DAW...spdif volume is set to max...is there any other way to improve signal "strenght" with out touch imput level? ;) i have no way to set the imput level from my daw or focusrite mix control

• Iam also not sure which setup to choose after reading the manual, the Reamp sense is only to adjust distortion of the DI coming back in( like distortion sense), so I have to adjust the DI level in the Daw +10 dB to get the right amount of DI Volume, I recorded my Kemper DI's sdif Git/Master left.
    Not sure if it's the best way in the end

• Iam also not sure which setup to choose after reading the manual, the Reamp sense is only to adjust distortion of the DI coming back in( like distortion sense), so I have to adjust the DI level in the Daw +10 dB to get the right amount of DI Volume, I recorded my Kemper DI's sdif Git/Master left.
    Not sure if it's the best way in the end

Can you explain further, how you do the DI recording and reamping?

• Can you explain further, how you do the DI recording and reamping?

My Setup: Kemper Rack - Avid HD I/O S/PDIF IN/OUT Clock Source ext. Kemper.

I haven't adjusted anything on the Kemper Input (Clean-,Dist. Sense) the Input LED seems to be in the right spot

Kemper S/PDIF Output is set to
    Git/Master Left
    S/DIF Vol 0.00 dB

I record both WET and DI in Pro Tools,
    by Reamping I send the DI back to the Kemper Spdif too.
    Now without touching the DI Track Fader in PT or KPa Reamp Sense, the (DI signal)or WET over the same Profile seems to have less Gain/Distortion, yep

question is I just saw it rhe first time or thought about it does the Direct Output
    Level in the Kemper affect the DI?? It is set at -17dB, Main Output -15.
    dB. Didnt checked this page on my Kemper before. Levels looked right in PT I thought.

• What is not good about the input level?

hi mister "K"...my worry is why spdif signal is so weak when it get recorded into my daw...if I try to improve it's strenght by rising the imut level from the kemper I'm afraid it will start cliping...is there any way to get it better in amplitude into my DAW?

• Hi again,

i have to reopen this thread.

This comes from the manual, so is this the way to do it?
    (again, i want to have the most common DI-signal "quality" or "volume level", to later reamp this DI-track (recorded with kemper DIRECT OUTPUT).

Output: DIRECT OUTPUT set to "Git Analog" ("Useful for reamping") [Page 25 Reference Manual]
    Output: DIRECT OUTPUT set to "Git Studio" ("Pure Instrument Level but "boosted" to hot studio level ") [Page 38 Reference Manual]
    Output: DIRECT OUTPUT set to "Git Studio" ("No separate DI Box needed to record the pure instrument for reamping purposes") [Page 25 Reference Manual]
    DI Output Leveling: Adjust Clean Sens [Page 38 Reference Manual]

If i use setting "Git Analog" to record the DI-tracks, to reamp them a reamp-box is needed.
    If i use setting "Git Studio" to record the DI-tracks, to reamp them no reamp-box is needed.
    The "quality" of the signal is in both cases identical.

Am i right?