more profiles with drive pedals turned off please!!

• Ok I might get flamed for asking for this from commercial profiles , but i buy quite a few , and there seems to be a tendency to profile with distortion boxes and tube screamers on to make the amp tighter. the kemper can simulate drive pedals especially the tube screamer, and CK has stated the kemper cant profile the Tube screamer correctly anyways , so Id like to ask for more with the drive pedals off and just list what you used in the description.
    Not sure why so many profiles are made this way . Also it impossible to ever turn the drive pedal off when profiles are made this way

I don't mind spending 50-100 bucks to get a specific drive pedal if i really want that tone and the kemper doesnt offer a drive pedal similar to it , but i also dont think the profiles come out right when the drive pedal is profiled in front of the amp

thanks

• thats why we do always both....boosted + unboosted in our packs. The Herbert pack is even totally unboosted

Accurate depends on the used Amp + luck in my opinion. A rectifier with not much definition turns out always correct with Tubescreamer in my opinion.
    A EVH or similar with allready very high defintion without a boost can be done but is not that accurated often

• Yeah I also started to do a lot more unboosted versions of amps, even if 9.5 out of 10 times I'll use a drive to tighten up the amp.

Most of the times for me it sounds better to have the TS in there, sometimes it doesn't work at all, as Lars said.

It's also worth to have both version, cause if you dig to play around with the amp parameters (Definition specifically), then it makes quite a difference if the TS was in the profile or not.

Like for example, if the amp with those settings had a defintion of 8, but with a TS it had 10, it won't sound the same if you add a TS to that profile and crank definition up to 10.
    Granted I haven't done extended A/B testing, but it really feels like that.
    Not saying it's better or worse, but it's a different kind of tone.

• the thing is alot of packs seem to have only 10 or so profiles , and i own my own tube screamer so id prefer to use my own tube screamer and have more mic mic positions the profiles with ts and distortion boxes in them i end up tossing them im only left with a few . Maybe you guys would consider letting guys choose an option for each amp , say 15 profiles with amp only at various settings and mic positons or 7 with boosters and 8 without
    that way us guys who dont want booster profiles can use our own boost pedals and just get pure amp

• Look at some of the older offerings from the commercial sellers - there are many, many available rigs without added distortion.

I think a lot of sellers offer rigs with stompboxes included in them because so many of the popular amps have already been profiled - adding new dirtboxes to the amps enables them to offer something different than what has been done before.

• Most of our packs have 45-200 profiles. All channels, all gainstages, different settings and all those on various cabs....we cover the whole amp. No need to buy such a amp again because all DI/merged so you can always change cabs later if you want

• Yeah you wouldn't need to really do mic positions with DI/Merged. If the cab is merged you can put it to any DI profiles, with or without boost in it.

But yeah, the the peavey I did pre-3.0 has a lot more profiles with boost than without. That's why I'm going to update it with 3.0.

I had the feeling, that with the DI profiling the definition got a lot closer to how the amp sounded without a boost, than when with studio profiles.
    Maybe because the cab/mic is out of the equiation. But that's also the reason why I do a lot more unboosted versions of amp, cause to me they sound better now than before.

• I have experimented a little with pedals (Maxon 808, Cmatmods Brownie, Xotic EP-Booster) in front of the Kemper. My feeling is that the Profiles don't necessarily react the same as if the pedals were placed in front of a "real" tube amp.

I guess that driving a tube stage is something difficult to re-produce in the profiles. From that perspective, profiles including a Booster is a value. In any case I prefer 2 versions (boosted/unboosted as mentioned by Deadlightstudio above).

One observation of the trials: The EP Booster could nicely enhance the signal (added depth and clarity) and is a good try to be used together with e.g. crunchy Marshall profiles for a sound-alternative!

• actually my experience is quite the opposite , when i have profiled my own amps , if i leave ts on when i profile it sounds wrong when the profile is completed , too harsh and definiton maxed out , but if i profile the amp without the ts , then add a real ts in front of kemper it seems to respond like the real deal to me

• As long as it sounds good, it's right! :)

There may be a variety of influencing factors. Actually I am not profiling myself - I certainly keep experimenting with several profiles.

Cheers.