Connection Issues

• I've read a couple of threads that have mentioned a similar issue, but I just wanted to add my experience. I have done 3 gigs with the remote since receiving it last week. (Note: When properly working, I still maintain the design/functionality is superb!) However, on 2 of these gigs, the remote wouldn't connect with the KPA until I rebooted the head 2 or 3 times. I tried just unplugging the remote jack a few times while the head was still on and it never connected. Only on subsequent reboots did it actually connect. Also, as mentioned by others, there was a significant delay before the head and remote finally synced up. I suppose it could be a cable issue, but once it connects it works flawlessly. Any thoughts?

• HI,
    what I've seen is that if I connect the remote cable directly to the Kemper everything is fine. However when I connect it to the network connector in my rack, which is connected through a 10 cm network cable to the Kemper, the remote is a not starting up so well 50% of the time and the leds are dimmed.

Now I 've made the cable myself so it seems that the connectors are perhaps not good enough connected to the wires. Good enough for Ethernet but not for the Kemper. Perhaps your remote cable has the same kind of problem.

Kees
    P.S. How to solve it, experiment with new cables?

• The ethernet cable that came supplied with the remote was carefully selected to operate correctly. The cable can't really be extended passively (i.e. without additional power-injection), because the cable is at it's max. length already.

So Kees: The correct way of extending the cable, even by "10 cm", is by inserting a PoE switch / injector in-between.

MarkD: what is the software version you're using?

• @kpahuitsing : that's engineered at the edge. Ok Will introduce a poe injector in my rack
    https://www.conrad.nl/nl/tp-li…?sc.queryFromSuggest=true 25 euro's

it's not *that* close to the edge actually :) but it's just better *not* to try to mess around and extend the cable passively. Inserting an injector like the one you mentioned will give you a much better solution, and you can even use longer cables or in-between connectors that way.

• At home, I usually connect the remote using an inexpensive 1 metre patch cable. I extend this with a second 1 metre ( or half metre) cable as necessary, using a simple plastic joiner. Generally the kemper cable is too long and inflexible.

The remote has always come on line shortly after the KPA has booted whatever cable I use. I use this arrangement all the time at home but I rarely gig, so possibly these cables would not stand the wear and tear.