Talk Box connection & I need studio tips

• I do gigs with one band where a talk box is part of my setup. I've got an old 80's Dunlop Heil that I love. I've run it with all my amps, and it sounds wicked. Thinking I can use it with my KPA as well, but here's my questions to anyone who has done it:

I have a power rack version, but sometimes I don't run it with a monitor out or from the power amp out to a cab. I just use the in house wedges to throw my sound back to me, and that works fine for some bands. If I'm using a powered speaker through the monitor out, would I connect my talk box between the monitor out and speaker as if it were a normal amp setup, or would it still come from the out on the power amp? And if it comes from the power amp, will it damage the power amp when the talkbox isn't engaged if I still don't use a guitar cab on the other side of the talkbox since there would be no load on the power amp when it's off? I'm looking for a way to not have to bring the guitar cab if I don't need to, but if thats the only way to safely run the talk box, I will suck it up! haha

Help a brother out!

Also, heading into the studio with the KPA for the first time next week. Any tips for my first time out? Some elec stuff, lots of acoustic as well so hit me with some good profiles to run an acoustic through! It will be for a country/Gospel Christmas record first, and a few more in the next few weeks.

Thanks
    Chad

I've had a longer relationship with my Kemper than anyone I've ever dated. I'm not mad about it.

• A bit different setup, I have a Rocktron Banshee, which has its own internal power amp, and run it in the KPA effects loop.

This approach has a few advantages:
    1) Single connection from the KPA output to FOH
    2) No tap dancing, as soon as I select a rig that has the loop engaged I get the talkbox working, and out of the way otherwise
    3) Total independence from house monitoring, vocal level, mixing, etc

And also a few disadvantages:
    1) Needs a separate mic for the talkbox
    2) My mic of choice, an old SM57, isn't powerful enough to drive the KPA FX return, so I use a compressor pedal for boosting the levels

• Thanks Deny!

Right now I don't have a remote, so I'm running my wet effects into my loop at the moment, so I can't use that particular strategy! I don't mind a little tap dancing once in a while. If you saw my board you would understand ;)

I'm going to try it through the power amp out! Still just need a single connection if I just go to FOH.

Can I use my monitor out and my power amp out together, or can I only use one at a time?

I've had a longer relationship with my Kemper than anyone I've ever dated. I'm not mad about it.