Master Volume Not Working

• Hi there, I'm after some help. My master volume knob is doing nothing to change the volume of the Kemper Power Head. The volume bar on the screen moves as I turn the knob but the volume doesn't change. The only way I can get it to work is to link the master to the monitor volume but all that is really doing is adjusting the monitor volume. This is happening both in the speaker output and the main out into my audio interface.

• What he means is that in the output settings menu accessed via the output button there are assignments of outputs to master volume so you can separately configure which outputs are affected by that knob. Using the output button and the page selection you will find these settings. Also this is in the manual as well.

• Hey folks,

I'm running into the same type of problem on my Kemper stage. The volume is not responding at all. If I turn the volume knob the lights on the display never change and the volume does not go up or down. I've gone into the output section and the main output is set to master stereo. Under system, the Vol. LED Collar is set to main volume. I'm running master out to two FRFR speakers. I did a factory reset and it still is not responding. Any other suggestions?

• Please familiarize yourself with the concept of output volume links. Page 110 of the Main Manual.

By default all outputs except S/PDIF OUT are linked to Master Volume. It seems you have unlinked one or more outputs - at least the one which is reflected by the LED ring.

• Hi Burkard,

Thank you for your suggestions. I went ahead and walked through the manual again, but no luck. I think it may be related to a recent IOS update that I did. I have both main and monitor link volumes checked on the output screen as well as the Vol. LED Collar set to the main stereo volume under system. The issue is that the master volume will not link to either the main or monitor output levels as assigned under the options menu. I'll check to see if I can roll back to a previous update. I did the update on a really old mac, I wonder if I should try the update again on a newer one.

Thanks again

• So, we are not talking about MASTER VOLUME on the PROFILER front panel, right? Rig Manager has no Master Volume!? Only the front panel has.

In Rig Manager you control the individual output volumes like you do in the PROFILER Output Section. And if you for example increase Main Output Volume, Master Volume with the other linked volumes doesn't follow. Otherwise there would be no way to change the volume relations amongst the linked output volumes.

If you change Main Output Volume in Rig Manager, Main Output Volume in the PROFILER menu follows. And the MAster Volume LED collar on the Stages front panel follows as well, if Vol. LED Collar is set to "Main Volume" in System Settings.

In cannot detect any unintended behavior.