Problem using expression pedal for wah and pitch functions

• So I was setting up my Kemper set up for tonight's gig. I work in performance mode and was setting up wahs and pitch control functions for certain songs. I figured that since I was using performance mode, I when I stores each rig, it would also store weather the expression pedal was in wah function or pitch function. But it appears that is a global system function and I have to choose between wah, pitch, etc
    Does that mean I have to get another another expression pedal or is there a work around to use it for both

• So I was setting up my Kemper set up for tonight's gig. I work in performance mode and was setting up wahs and pitch control functions for certain songs. I figured that since I was using performance mode, I when I stores each rig, it would also store weather the expression pedal was in wah function or pitch function. But it appears that is a global system function and I have to choose between wah, pitch, etc
    Does that mean I have to get another another expression pedal or is there a work around to use it for both

Flag 'wah to pitch' in the rig menu. Then just disable what you don't need in a rig. I there's Pitch present the pedal will control pitch, if there's no pitch present it will work als a wah pedal (provided wah is present).

• You have to include a Pitch and/or Wah effect in each Performance Slot.

If you have an active Wah in the Slot, it is a Wah Pedal.

If you have an active Pitch in the Slot, it is a Pitch Pedal.

Paul, I do have it set up that way. For example, in performance, for a rig for Sweet child o mine, I have a wah active in the first stomp box position. For Rebel Yell rig, I have pitch in the first slot. But in the system menu, pedal 3 stays either wah, or pitch, or volume. Whatever its set at. It doesn't change when I change rigs in performance.

Ingolf, where do I "flag wah to pitch" exactly?

• From the "Link Pedals" section of the Reference Manual:

You will find two simple soft buttons in the System menu on the page “MIDI Settings”.

If you don’t need a dedicated Volume Pedal, press “WahPedal to Vol.”. Now, when a Wah effect is active on the current Rig, the Wah Pedal will act as expected, and a Volume Pedal function will not be available. However, in any Rig without an active Wah effect, volume can now be controlled by the Wah Pedal. Even when a Wah effect is active, but has “Pedal Mode” set to “Off” or “Touch”, the Volume Pedal link will still be in operation.

The Profiler automatically prevents volume dips when switching from a “Wah Pedal” Rig to a “Volume Pedal” Rig, so you will need to reset the pedal after the Rig change by first pressing it to toe position. Once you have done this, you will be able to smoothly fade the volume back to where you want it.

Likewise, you can link the Pitch Pedal to the Wah effects by selecting “WahPedal to Pitch”. In contrast to the Volume Pedal, you must first reset the Pitch Pedal by pressing it to heel position after a Rig change.

The link settings are global, so you don’t have to reprogram your Rigs individually. You can decide spontaneously, from gig to gig, how many pedals you want to bring with. The appropriate settings are done in seconds.

It is even possible to link both pedals functions to the Wah Pedal. In this case, the Volume Pedal has the lowest priority: active Wah or Pitch Pedal beat the Volume Pedal.

 Once the Volume Pedal or Pitch Pedal is linked to the Wah Pedal, they cannot be accessed by their respective midi controllers or pedal input destinations.

 We do not support the swapping of pedal functions by switching a Wah effect on and off, as this would cause problems. Besides, you’ll get a better result by selecting one of the dedicated “Pedal Modes” that automatically activate the Wah effect as soon as you move the Wah Pedal.

• I have similar problem with Zoom fp-02, attached as expression pedal to the remote control, when I try to set it up for both volume and wah:
    1. When set up in system menu as wah (wah to volume checked as well), it works fine and changes to volume control (in rigs without wah) by pressing the toe position. So far, so good..
    2. When set up in system menu as volume, when I check wah to volume, the pedal stops working as volume immediately and sets the volume at max, and in rigs with wah active it does not turn to wah, pressing the pedal in any position doesn't change anything either.
    Can somebody address the problem?