A way to disable looper function

• With OS4 you'll have the option to redefine LOOPER, TUNER and TAP to your own needs (or even switch them off).

YES!!!!

THANK YOU, KEMPER!!!! :thumbup:

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• The KPA team came through for you :)

My wish created additional happiness for everybody. :D

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Just did a Google search about this issue and found this thread. Really excited to hear that the feature is coming soon. I can't wait to stop turning on the Looper by accident during rehearsal!

Thanks, Kemper Guys, and thanks to HCarlH for starting the thread!

• I had this happen to me for the first time last night during a gig, and it was very embarrassing. I didn't know how to turn the Looper off or even how to stop the playback. I ended up rebooting my Kemper in a panic during the song (and fortunately managed to get it back online just in time for my solo).

Good to know that there is now going to be software fix. Til then I am going to try the rubber band method described earlier.

Just to add my 0.02, I'm also not a fan of the Remote layout or its tiny footfall. I don't have exceptionally large feet but I still manage to routinely hit the wrong switches during performance. A bit frustrating really.

• I have accidentally hit both the Looper and Tuner buttons, at different times, by mistake, on stage, when clicking a stomp switch. I run around the stage a lot and am not carefully looking down and gently pressing the stomps. It's a quick and dirty process. I usually realize what's happening, immediately, each time, and am able to correct it in a few seconds, but it's annoying. Real-world gig conditions require that foot switches that you don't ever use, which can possibly cause catastrophic live situations should be able to be made "inert". Anyone who plays with this live, a lot, and hasn't hit them accidentally must have tiny feet or be standing still throughout the gig or sitting in a chair or not using the stomps a lot, or a combination of those... just sayin'. I've been playing live for 20 years and hitting the wrong foot switch has always been a danger, no matter what type of pedals or boards I was using, simply because "fog of war".

I run and jump around a lot and only stand slightly still when I'm singing backup vocals. For other rigs and this one a physical solution has been necessary, like gluing plastic domes over the switches so accidental triggering isn't possible or at least very improbable. The Kemper is so configurable that I think settings to simply disable these switches would be ideal. I came to this post through a search when it became clear that I wanted to disable these switches for my next gig. I never use the tuner button intentionally. I think making the tuner not mute will fix the tuner problem, since I already make my tuner engage when volume pedal is at 0, but the looper is the one that is causing me the most grief and I need to either find a way to disable it in the software or put a physical obstacle over the switch.

I'm glad to hear this is being addressed, because it's the only thing I've really been unhappy with.

Edited 4 times, last by Section8 ().

• Since software revision 4.0.1 the function of those buttons (Looper, Tuner, Tap) can be configured and even switched to "off". The feature is described in the Addendum and in the Reference Manual.

• Page 163 of current version of Reference Manual:

"If you don’t require TAP, TUNER or LOOPER buttons in their default function you can flexibly assign other switching functions or completely deactivate these buttons on page Remote Settings in System Settings."

That sentence is so full of win!