A way to disable looper function

• I've not hit the button during a performance, but I have hit it when I wanted the tuner. I never use the looper. I'd rather be able to disable it and possibly repurpose the button to something else.

• like what?

Maybe something like a favorite button that will take you immediately to either:

1) A favorite rig in Browser mode (maybe a clean patch or anything else you use a lot)
    and/or
    2) A favorite rig in Performance mode which is easy to get to without having to bank up/down to a Performance then select which rig within that Performance. It would be one button to select rather than having to do 2 things. It would take you to one particular rig in one particular Performance regardless of where the Remote is currently.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Maybe something like a favorite button that will take you immediately to either:

1) A favorite rig in Browser mode (maybe a clean patch or anything else you use a lot)
    and/or
    2) A favorite rig in Performance mode which is easy to get to without having to bank up/down to a Performance then select which rig within that Performance. It would be one button to select rather than having to do 2 things. It would take you to one particular rig in one particular Performance regardless of where the Remote is currently.

This is a good idea :) but if you hit the looper button by accident wouldn't you still hit this button by accident also which would take you to another patch ;)

• This is a good idea :) but if you hit the looper button by accident wouldn't you still hit this button by accident also which would take you to another patch ;)

True, but it would be a more musical mistake than a loop of something that doesn't make sense playing back at the same volume and the same time as what you are currently playing. :)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I have hit the looper button a few times by accident when reaching for FX II or III - really awkward on stage. (I only rarely use a looper at all, and only in the studio). If there's no way to lock out the looper function within the KPA or Remote, I might have to build and attach a small cover to hide the button physically.

Edit: Actually this was rather easy to do! I used a round rubber "bumper" I had laying around and fitted it right over the button. Easily removable, non-permanent, and effective! I feel much safer now.

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().

• I've done this a couple times and my fix was similar to the Whippingpost and Prsgary. In my case I just used one of those wide small rubber bands that the grocery store wraps around stalks of Broccoli (at the least where I live). Wrap it several times around the button shaft and the button will be restrained. As I use the looper, this provided a easy, non permanent fix.

• I've done this a couple times and my fix was similar to the Whippingpost and Prsgary. In my case I just used one of those wide small rubber bands that the grocery store wraps around stalks of Broccoli (at the least where I live). Wrap it several times around the button shaft and the button will be restrained

Great solution! Even better than what I did, thanks for sharing that.

Gary ô¿ô

• I couldn't agree more, there needs to be a way to disable the looper button on the remote, or better yet re-assign it to be an extra stomp/effect button. During rehearsals I experienced hitting the looper button by mistake...disaster and had to stop the song while I figured out how to turn it off. This is very dangerous for live performance, I will definitely be putting a physical barrier on the looper button to prevent accidents...not cool for a $600 remote board! That said I love my Kemper, has taken a while to tweak my rigs to get the same tone and feel of my tube heads but have made significant progress in that area and it is sounding amazing.

• I had the same problem with the looper of the POD HD 500... several times I accidentally activated it X( and there also was no way to completely disable this option.
    Finally I solved it with a cable tie in the gap under the hat of the looper switch.

A software solution would be better, of course.