A way to disable looper function

• I have hit the looper button a few times by accident when reaching for FX II or III.

The LOOPER button doesn't appear to rest too close to where the main action is at least not more than any other button of the Remote - I would say it's the least exposed button. Do people also hit Up while trying to select Slot 1? Or the other way around? Or Down while trying to select Slot 2, or Effect Button 4 while entering TAP tempo? Why are accidents only reported regarding the LOOPER button? Or why is it so much more "embarassing" ... just the LOOPER button itself doesn't change any sound nor does it launch any looper activity. It's like the TUNER button without "Mute Signal" being ticked. Just hit it a second time and done. To me this sounds like a challenge of the concept of footcontrollers in general!?

• I must say I HAVE accidentally hit the up or down buttons in the heat of live shows, and even the tuner when reaching for button IIII (where I always have a booster for leads, so I get momentary silence instead).

I guess you're hearing more complaints about the looper because it isn't immediately obvious that you've hit that one since you still hear your guitar. Then when the accidental loops starts playing it's much harder to get out of and much more noticeable messing up a song.

Kudos to you Raoul for never accidentally hitting any button! Maybe I'm just more clumsy. I do dance around quite about and move about the stage quite a lot, so that might make me more prone to it, I don't know.

Gary ô¿ô

• Yep I've hit pretty much all the hittabble buttons, the rig up down are the worst. I tend not to use the fx buttons too much and use use slots 1, 3 and 5 to limit accidents but they still happen in the heat of the moment. Rather than disable I'd much rather see,as mentioned in another thread, or earlier I can't remember, a brief hold to trigger certain buttons, prividing this could be disabled to keep everyone happy. Press and hold looper, tuner and rig up and down for 500ms or so to change them, with rig up and down just once until a slot if selected.

• I must say I HAVE accidentally hit the up or down buttons in the heat of live shows, and even the tuner when reaching for button IIII (where I always have a booster for leads, so I get momentary silence instead).

I guess you're hearing more complaints about the looper because it isn't immediately obvious that you've hit that one since you still hear your guitar. Then when the accidental loops starts playing it's much harder to get out of and much more noticeable messing up a song.

Kudos to you Raoul for never accidentally hitting any button! Maybe I'm just more clumsy. I do dance around quite about and move about the stage quite a lot, so that might make me more prone to it, I don't know.

The consequence of muting the signal when hitting the Tuner button accidentally can generally be avoided by clearing the tick in the Mute Signal box. You could still tune your guitar silently while the volume pedal rests in heel position.

You seem to assume that hitting the Looper button accidentally starts the loop recording/playback, but it doesn't! It just switches other buttons into their looper functions. The display is clearly reflecting this mode. In addition to hitting the Looper button unintentionally, the user needs to ignore the Looper display and hit 1=First Recording. Now the he or she could still realize their fault as the expected Slot change and therefor sound change are not happening. There are still 30 seconds left before the loop ends to prevent any unintended playback. You could say the Looper button is more forgiving than many others.

• Yep I've hit pretty much all the hittabble buttons, the rig up down are the worst. I tend not to use the fx buttons too much and use use slots 1, 3 and 5 to limit accidents but they still happen in the heat of the moment. Rather than disable I'd much rather see,as mentioned in another thread, or earlier I can't remember, a brief hold to trigger certain buttons, prividing this could be disabled to keep everyone happy. Press and hold looper, tuner and rig up and down for 500ms or so to change them, with rig up and down just once until a slot if selected.

I have personally started to use the Looper in a band context productively. You need to have a plan and execute flawlessly in order to change sounds for the various tracks and trigger looper action in time. Sound changes and looper recording/overdub/playback often need to happen in an instant. So you are in a rush. If the Looper button had a delayed response, this would introduce risk of not holding it long enough e.g. 480 ms instead of 500 ms and being screwed. This would significantly limit the purpose and value of the looper from my perspective.

I'm still wondering if instead of such an optional holding time optional functionality isn't the better approach. Let's assume users not requiring a looper could assign another global function to that button e. g. Rotary Speed. Looper button would become their permanent Rotary Speed button - just an example. If buttons have a practical value for them users might accept associated "risks".

• Let's assume users not requiring a looper could assign another global function to that button e. g. Rotary Speed. Looper button would become their permanent Rotary Speed button - just an example. If buttons have a practical value for them users might accept associated "risks".

That would be a marvelous addition, I'm all for that!

(By the way - I know as you stated merely hitting the looper button doesn't start the looper. I know this. I often in a band context have to change rigs even after hitting an FX button - often to rig 1 - which starts the looper. This is when the accidental looper hit screws things up.) I love the possible ability to assign to another global function. 1+ all the way!

Gary ô¿ô

• '

Let's assume users not requiring a looper could assign another global function to that button e. g. Rotary Speed. Looper button would become their permanent Rotary Speed button - just an example. If buttons have a practical value for them users might accept associated "risks".

+1 here. This would be a great solution.

• Let's assume users not requiring a looper could assign another global function to that button e. g. Rotary Speed. Looper button would become their permanent Rotary Speed button - just an example. If buttons have a practical value for them users might accept associated "risks".

+1

I suggest one of the Global Function choices be a "Favorite Rig" - when the button is pressed, it switches directly to a specific Performance/Slot.

• I've hit the looper button a few times during a gig but only realised when I looked down before I did the next patch change....It only really becomes an issue if you then hit record or play ! Maybe something as simple as a double hit on the Looper button would be enough to solve this ?

• I guess you're hearing more complaints about the looper because it isn't immediately obvious that you've hit that one since you still hear your guitar. Then when the accidental loops starts playing it's much harder to get out of and much more noticeable messing up a song.

THIS.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I often in a band context have to change rigs even after hitting an FX button - often to rig 1 - which starts the looper. This is when the accidental looper hit screws things up.) I love the possible ability to assign to another global function. 1+ all the way!

THIS TOO!

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me