A way to disable looper function

• Several times per gig the looper function gets turned on accidentally. Please add a way to disable the looper internally so I don't have to try and configure a physical device to cover the looper switch.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• This is very strange ?( I've never had this issue at all the only thing I had which was like this is when I turned the looper on and I couldn't turn it off it got stuck in a 2 second loop and I had to reboot the kemper, but this was in the early days of the looper FW 2.8 Like Timo said contact support and send in a backup

• Can you open a support ticket and describe your setup? Actually, the only way to enable the looper should be with the button on the Remote.

THAT is the problem. That looper button gets hit by accident during the course of a gig when making quick patch changes....apparently by others besides myself as shown here. If you're home in your bedroom, it's not so much of an issue. For those of us who gig, it is.

It would be good to have a way to disable the looper function (temporarily) in the setup screen so the Remote's switch can't turn it on accidentally.

The first time, what ever I was playing looped out of sync with the rest of the band as I got dirty looks. I don't use loopers so I never read the instructions on how to operate it. It's really hard to read the labels by the switches on a dark stage.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• I've never hit the looper button by accident in a live situation and I've done hundreds of gigs with it. My problem was when I pressed the play button in looper mode

Another reason to be able to disengage the function in the menu. :)

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• not really as I pressed the looper button because I wanted to be in looper mode, I then recorded what I wanted to loop. Next I pressed the play button and it got stuck in loop mode. So disengaging the looper mode wouldnt have helped here :)

Good for you. :thumbup:
    For others, it would be a good addition.

I don't care about stomp delays or reverb, but I don't argue that they shouldn't be added for those who do want them. :)

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• Raoul, I'ld say you probably been very lucky. I reported this several months ago in another Remote thread. Unfortunately this had happened to me more then once.
    My solution was to slide a piece of shrink wrap over the Looper button so it would not engage accidentally.

While I like the functionality of the Remote. I really don't care for the switch layout. For $600 I would have liked it to have the ability to assign switches to my liking and it certainly deserves a lot more flexibility and Midi capability.

And yes please allow a way to disable the looper for those of us who don't use it. Thanks Paul

• This is very strange ?( I've never had this issue at all the only thing I had which was like this is when I turned the looper on and I couldn't turn it off it got stuck in a 2 second loop and I had to reboot the kemper, but this was in the early days of the looper. Like Timo said contact support and send in a backup

Hell! Sounds like they need to add a panic/escape button just for the looper ?(

• Good for you. :thumbup:
    For others, it would be a good addition.

I don't care about stomp delays or reverb, but I don't argue that they shouldn't be added for those who do want them. :)

Sorry i didnt want to come across as though I'm being difficult I was just stating the fact that I've never miss hit the looper button, or any other button on the remote either, come to think of it :) I was just trying to put across my experience :)

• Sorry i didnt want to come across as though I'm being difficult

I understand that part. :thumbup:

I was just stating the fact that I've never miss hit the looper button, or any other button on the remote either, come to think of it :) I was just trying to put across my experience :)

....and then you basically retracted the first part by implying since it didn't happen to you, then there is no problem. ;)

I'm sure that was not your intent, but that is the way it reads.

This is the second time I've requested an addition. (Monitor PEQ being the first) The first time, someone was quick to shoot it down since THEY have no use for it. Of course, it usually means they want one of their features added at the expense of yours. I don't think I've ever commented negatively on the requests of others on this board...and, Raoul, I KNOW your posts have been overwhelmingly positive and enjoyable to read :) . It would be nice if people (everybody, in general) would live and let live, request wise.

I'm not trying to be snarky, really. Just would like for all requests to be considered equally.

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• Yes please. I fit a piece of stiff rubber over the looper switch an my remote so it couldn't be activated. Because it did get imbarrassiingly turned on twice during gigs.
    I like a lot about the remote, but do not like the layout and lack of programmability. For me the looper button is wasted real estate that could maybe used for something else

• Yes please. I fit a piece of stiff rubber over the looper switch an my remote so it couldn't be activated. Because it did get imbarrassiingly turned on twice during gigs.
    I like a lot about the remote, but do not like the layout and lack of programmability. For me the looper button is wasted real estate that could maybe used for something else