Editor for Kemper

• Not that´s a new question, but i´m surprised that the company have not been able to launch an editor by now and that in my opinion should have been mandatory from the start, is there any progress in this area, anyone?

• Not that´s a new question, but i´m surprised that the company have not been able to launch an editor by now and that in my opinion should have been mandatory from the start, is there any progress in this area, anyone?

I agree. Axe Edit has really spoiled me.

• ...but i´m surprised that the company have not been able to launch an editor by now...

Definetly the thing that bothers me the most.

Till now I bought 7 Kempers (not all for me ;) ) and I'm glad the KPA exists.
    I mainly use performance mode. Each song got its own performance. In fact 99% they only differ in performance tempo and delay settings.
    Amps are always the same.
    If I e.g. want to change the gain of solo channel i got to go into each performance, change, store....

I need an Editor!

• For me it's a distraction.
    It takes away from what makes the Kemper stand out in the market: Ease of physical interface.

The KPA is geared more towards playing and less towards playing around.

I really don't see how manipulating menu's with a mouse using only one hand/finger is faster than two hands using physical knobs and buttons on the KPA. That would be an interesting race tho! If the mouse/editor was faster/better I doubt we'd see the plethora of DAW hardware interfaces.

But for those who gas for one, they'll have the best of both words if one of these third party groups can fully implement one, which is pretty cool the KPA isn't so proprietary that avenue is shut off. It's a benefit though that user programmers who love the product can make one pro bono vs the the company who'd spend thousands of man hours and having to recoup costs by raising the price.

• I agree that the interface on the Kemper is great.

But having an editor would most definitely, for me, be easier and better at home. My KPA is not in the most ideal place, but that can't be helped. So when I'm playing at home I have to reach way over if I want to adjust something. Also, from that angle the screen is hard to read, and some of the small print is nearly impossible for my aging eyes. I also have a bad shoulder and the reach sometimes aggravates it.

On top of that, naming rigs is a total drag. It takes so long, especially since I like to add detailed information to my rig names. Being able to do that within an editor would be a dream come true.

Even if they added renaming only to the Rig Manager I'd be happy.

• I really don't see how manipulating menu's with a mouse using only one hand/finger is faster than two hands using physical knobs and buttons on the KPA.

Yes, this might be right.
    What I hope ist that the Editor willl do more than only visualising the knobs on your pc.
    We need a tool to manage and edit Performances in block.

• Using it only for recording in my DAW AND being a newbie, I am initially disappointed with lack of an editor on my screen. Even with all that they lack as useable sounds, my 11rack and Guitar Rig windows made finding and editing really quite easy. My guess is Kemper is working on one as we speak. Cant imagine the coding would be that crazy.

IMac 21.5" - 2.5GHz 12 GB Ram - Lion 10.7, PT 10, Eleven Rack ERXP, HD's - Glyph GT050Q D 932 Chipset & Mercury Elite H/D, Axiom Pro 49, Mission Engineering Expression Pedal, JoeMeek TwinQ Mic Pr, Kemper Rack !!Good Ole Days

• I would say that the Kemper has a fairly good display and knob section compared to other of the like. BUT...I think that an editor would be a lot more simple to use. I think that the overview on an editor is a lot better. It is easier to apply stomps, cabs etc. in a rush on an editor. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that a mouse is slower than a hand tweeking the knobs. Because it is slower of course. Bu then again...it might not be entirely true. Since you have a far better overview on a big screen it is a lot easier to chose the right stuff from the beginning. And scrolling with knobs take a lot of time. It is a lot fastet to chose a dropdown-menu and select the rig, you want. Don't try to make it sound like it is not, because it it easier. It doesn't matter if the mouse is slower. The Whole process is faster in an editor. I have had several hardware with editors. It has ALWAYS been faster and easier with the editor. Even though the overview was fine on the hardware. The fact that you can see everything in boxes or menues on a big screen gives you a better work/editor flow.

That's just my side of Things. I would welcome an editor with open arms.

• +1 on an Editor!

I would really like to organize performances and rigs, tweak my rigs, change settings, and so on with my pc.
    It is like b_ryan stated, you have a better overview and faster access to a lot of features on a big computer screen.
    And i personally think it is more comfortable to keep your hand on the mouse and klick on the buttons on a screen as to move your hand over a vertical frontplate. You don't have to reach into your field of view when editing with mouse and keyboard.

But as someone stated in another thread, you can now connect a usb-keyboard (even wireless) directly to your kemper and edit the tags of your rigs.
    Also the new rig manager is capable of organizing performances.
    We're getting closer and closer, guys :thumbup::thumbup:

Regards,
    LH

• I think they want to make it perfect, with the integration of Rig Exchange, the possibility to edit Performances and the whole MIDI assignment for external controllers. About time nevertheless ;). I guess it is no. 1 prio, before the spring.

Regards

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...