George Thorogood sound

• Hello

I would like to get a George Thorogood sound but I don't know how to really approach this...

I've read that he uses these amps: Fender Dual Showman, Mesa Boogie and Fender Princeton.

Of course, he uses a brass slider and I've read rumours that he uses a home made copper slider.
    I read also that he doesn't seem to be using much effects but I cannot get close to the sound just with the amp...

He played and recorded mainly with a Gibson ES-125 but nowadays he also uses a Gretsch White Falcon live I think.

I have a Tokai ES-135 so I think I am close in terms of pickup similarity and overall guitar tone.

I just realize that I suck at finding the sounds that I am trying to dial in to mimic the artists I want to play...

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Marc.

• To me slide in particular is effected by how you play it so any hollowbody semi through a not too heavily saturated amp (preferably american) should get you in 'the ball park' put yourself in open G and play quite aggresively ? That should help to ?

• I'm a big fan of his tone, hollowbodies are not so easy matched on the KPA since they often boom too much in the bass range, so it's usefull to get get a studio eq in a FX slot ( A B C or D) . I think I have a special vibrochamp 66 tailored for this purpose and also Ted Nugent.

Let me check later and I'll upload it.

• Ok I checked my KPA and notes , IMHO the tones comes mainly from the
    guitar, the hollowbody will give the nasty and dirty tone you're looking
    for.

Here is my short rig list ( they were all uploaded long time ago ) for dirty crunchy tones : adjust gain to taste ... EQ 80 HZ minus 3dB

• Metro 67 & 69 from the free M Wagener pack
    • King's lucille sim ( 66' vibrochamp I tweaked for hollowbodies with 5 differents EQs)
    • JTM30 ( my own one )

Regarding commercial profiles, I got great dirty tones from Pete ( vintage pack, wizard and the AC30 ) , best crunches ever .

here is one track with the Metro on a big JS6 washburn hollow ( with slide & trem parts and a dirty spring verb sim from the KPA )