best way to record with DI profiles

• Hey guys I have never recorded before and need help.
    I am using the power rack thru a avatar 2x12 cab and a mesa 2x12 cab with DI profiles with the lasted updates(3.0.2). I spent a lot of time setting up my rigs and love my tone which is what I want to record. Sorry I really am a nube.
    So do I mic the cab then to a Focusrite Scarlett interface? I know most threads say no to micing the cab.

• Micing your cab is one possibility. The second one is to look for a cab sim (inside the KPA) which sounds similar to you real cab and record that sound via the Main Outs or S/PDIF.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Thanks. I'am going to try both ways, mic and S/PDIF.
    Bought a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 - 2 S/PDIF cables - Shure SM57 - 2 XLR cables - PreSonus Studio one artist so I think that's a good start.
    Now the learning process begins.
    Looks like I will need good headphones any advice. Thanks again

• When using S/PDIF please remember that KPA is always Master. So set your interface to slave. Also make sure that interface and DAW are set to 44.1 KHz and 24 bit.

• Waiting on the headphones. Ok I understand how to mic the cab and I think I have the s-pdif setting in the kemper correct.
    So I take it I will have to use studio profiles to record thru s-pdif so do I have to turn off the cab button in output and listen thru headphones at the kemper or the forcus interface ?
    I own the power rack.

• Don't turn off the cab sim when recording via S/PDIF!
    I'd listen through the interface as you want to hear the Kemper AND what you've already recorded at the same time.

• Thanks again. Up and running. Only issue right now is a (almost a static) sound.
    Sorry once again Iam new to all this. Do I have to make changes in the KPA to go between DI profiles and studio profiles thru s/pdif ?

Edited once, last by Manchild ().

• What do you mean with "static sound"?

No changes on the output side. But when using a DI profile you should choose one of the KPA's cab sims.

• Do you have the S/PDIF return hooked up Scarlett (out) > KPA (in)? If so make sure the level is turned down on the return or you can get some feedback issues.

• Yes s/pdif scarlett out to KPA in. where do you turn down the return level ?
    Now when not using the interface no sound thru cab unless I turn up monitor volume ?
    heres how I have my output set up
    1-main-master mono-monitor Mas mono - Direct mas mono - S/PDIR mas stereo
    2 - all link boxes checked
    3 - monitor cab off box checked
    5 - all boxes checked
    6 - power amp box checked