(High End) Spring Reverb

• Hi!

I know that has been said many times, but I hope it is ok to post it once more just to emphasize the need for a

High Quality Spring Reverb.

I have just returned the wonderful Subdecay Super Spring Theory because I found that such a reverb - equvalent in quality to Subdecay, Strymon and the likes - is high on the list of requested features. To name the advantages of having one inside the Kemper instead of another stompbox to carry, to power and to set is pointless, I guess^^.
    So, good people at Kemper, make it happen please .

I used to play organ when I was a kid (hated it, but learned a lot). The instrument I played on had a real spring reverb. To me this is still the benchmark. But checking the Subdecay or hearing the Holy Grail in that vid where the Kemper is being used, shows, that digital spring reverbs can sound very very pleasing.

Have a nice day everyone!

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I really hope this is being worked on, when I bought my kemper almost one year ago I thought that this glaring "hole" in the fx line-up would be fixed soon so I had no worries about buying it, even though I use a lot of spring reverb. Here I am one year later still using the fx loop like a chump. Spring reverb is such a important part of the sound in many genre, I think it is really strange that this is still not available. IF it arrives someday I hope it will not be hardwired to be after the amp like the reverb is now. We need a good spring reverb, we need it in the stomps section and we need it NOW!

• I really hope this is being worked on, when I bought my kemper almost one year ago I thought that this glaring "hole" in the fx line-up would be fixed soon so I had no worries about buying it, even though I use a lot of spring reverb. Here I am one year later still using the fx loop like a chump. Spring reverb is such a important part of the sound in many genre, I think it is really strange that this is still not available. IF it arrives someday I hope it will not be hardwired to be after the amp like the reverb is now. We need a good spring reverb, we need it in the stomps section and we need it NOW!

so true... the basic of so many players "just playing" sound(s) :saint:

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I believe the KPA team is working on something innovative in this matter - not only the DSP emulation on the spring reverb - but also Spring emulation reacting to the vibration of the surrounding !!!:) Like real spring re-verb:) So give them some more time.

I think so, too. And this is fine. But as we would be happy as children under the christmas tree, I think it is ok to to whine a little bit from time to time... And since CK is the man behind the fantastic Virus Synth, I have no doubts they will come up with something great that might reach far beyond a single spring reverb.

• We have been asking for this since day one. The last thing I was told was "there is already a preset for Spring Reverb." Which is like someone telling me you can make a Les Paul sound just like a Strat with the right EQ settings. At this point I'm not really sure the KPA team understands why we need it or want it so bad. Yet, it's one of the oldest and first effects to ever be included in a guitar amp, so it's an absolute staple for many genres.

As a long time user, I would say that the lack of a true Spring Reverb is perhaps the only real flaw or downside to the KPA. I've never heard any evidence that it's being worked on or of any plans to add it. The requests for it have only been met with resistance the past several years.

J

• Hm, seems a small comment from The K-Team would be appreciated. I would get me the Holy Grail Reverb by then. Because I need it. Want it. Spring addicted. So many wonderful tubes, no springs. X/

• I've been so close to purchasing the Strymon spring/tremolo pedal so many times, but then I always think to myself, it must be coming in the next update... It's been two years since I first said that to myself...

• Hello Christoph - Any chance of a comment from you about this ongoing and laboured request for the spring reverb & pre position delay stomp please?

Your comments/intention with these requests will certainly allow your customers to make decisions for themselves and finally put the requests to bed one way or the other.

I'd be very grateful for your highly valued comments/input.

• I've been so close to purchasing the Strymon spring/tremolo pedal so many times, but then I always think to myself, it must be coming in the next update... It's been two years since I first said that to myself...

Absolutely the same here with their El Capistan which has a spring reverb, too. But the reverbs on the flint sound awesome in the vids!

C'mon Mr.K, at least let us know ;) . We are not going to sell our KPAs if it is not in focus, but some uf us might want to expand theirs.

• Absolutely the same here with their El Capistan which has a spring reverb, too.

That is actually my workaround when I'm out playing with the surf band; I have my El Capistan set to the shortest and darkest delay with the reverb on close to max in the Mono Loop, then I adjust the mix to taste. It works out ok, but ideally I'd really like to simplify the set up by not having to use the Strymon, which was my whole reason for getting the KPA in the first place!