Hi Folks,

• @db9190

Well,I did not say "never" days ago but I will say it now. ;)

The Kemper (as well as maybe the other DigitalTech out there like AXEFX etc) is a fantastic tool but it will definitly not replace a Marshall with a top class 4x12 in the room.All the fine dynamics playing a sensitive lead passage,the "air" which takes your breath when you hammer a crunchy chord.At least not yet.And as I see it we are still far away from this.There are still limitations in the digital world.10 years ago (with all the Line6,Zoom etc stuff) this was a bigger problem.Today there is still the crucial "1%" which I miss.With the Kemper I get ALMOST the whole characteristics of any amp.But it is still not 100%.

But surely the Kemper is "one more crucial step" into the future.BUT (and there is a very big BUT) only a few people out there are right now able to use it to its full potential.Only a Pro will know how to mic up a cabinet,only a Pro will have all the other tools (studio-tech) to bring the best possible amplifier sound into the profiler.

This means automatically that the new bunch of guitar players will have to "leave" their existence as "simple consumers" and must develop themselves (ofcourse with the help of the "expirience" they will find in the internet) to evolve their untill now limited techical know how into a much more musical (wont say professional) approach.There will not only be just the guitar and the amp(andmaybe some pedals or a four track recorder) but also the mics,the consoles,the Hi-Fi-frequencies (with all the FRFR and studio-monitors etc)..I could go on for hours.

Education is always good.Learning to see the "big picture" is essential for any artist.The Kemper is a perfect tool for this.Having said this...my "animal instincts" will always retrurn me to the rude energy to stand next to my Rectifier and my 4x12 orange cabinet shaking my whole neighbourhood.. :D

Edited once, last by Nikos ().