My latest video for Guitarmasterclass.net (Falling In A Lydian Dream - Joe Satriani Style)

• My latest GMC Lesson using the Kemper Amps with Peavey 6505 profile(from SinMix). Lessons, workshops, profiles and much more here: http://www.guidorist.com/en/shop/

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ah i see. So i have to take a look over it. My Boogie Recty 2x12 is just aarived and also my Rocktron Velocity. So its just like a new begin with the kpa. Just plugged my Petrucci in and loaded a clean Carol Ann profile. Sounds amazing, cant compare it to the frfr. Next try is the 6505 rig from sinmix. Bought the pack a couple of weeks ago.
    So i switched the cab of in monitor mode, bridged the velocity to mono a blow my windows away ;)
    Hope it works with the distorted sounds like it work with the clean sounds.
    BTW: Your playing is inspiring :thumbup:

• Frank,
    finally you found your way! As I already said a few times: a great guitar sound needs a great GUITAR cab like Celestions v30 or anything else! There's a reason why guitar players are using these for decades! Because it sound just fucking great!!!thx again!!

• That's the point! I noticed that some people overestimate the kemper or guitar sound in general.
    Over the years I've got many many questions about my guitar sound.
    So The truth is that my Sound didn't change so much with different gear, amps, kemper etc I always return to my specific sound that I'm used to and helps to support my playing style.
    so I'm not saying that the Kemper isn't a great tool but it doesn't make you a better player!

Thx Sinmix! :)

• Amiller,
    afaik I used one of the direct amp packs. They all are very good!! Thx too! :-))

Cool...I've been wanting to check out a SinMax profile pack and decided to give the direct amp pack a try. Since you used a direct pack, do you remember what cab you paired with it?

• I used the SinMix 6505 Killer! but changed to some Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12V30 from this pack. I don't remember which one it was exactly. But as I said they all sound great from this package but of course it's all about personal taste. And it's like every profile or (real Amp) it has to fit to your personal playing style. Of course in this package there are some profiles that i don't like so much and can't use but thats okay for me. ;)

• Cool...I've been wanting to check out a SinMax profile pack and decided to give the direct amp pack a try. Since you used a direct pack, do you remember what cab you paired with it?

well, its not to hard find this profile becouse i put only one Merged 6505 profile in my Direct Amp Pack - what its different? Custom Razor Boost was used with 6505 and with bass boost switch option enabled. Profile was made also with Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 v30 cab and probably 2xsm57. In this pack you can also find Savage Razor profiles merged but only cab block is disabled :D So simply there is many of combination :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Edited 2 times, last by sinmix ().

• well, its not to hard find this profile becouse i put only one Merged 6505 profile in my Direct Amp Pack - what its different? Custom Razor Boost was used with 6505 and with boost switch option enabled. Profile was made also with Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 v30 cab and probably 2xsm57. In this pack you can also find Savage Razor profiles merged but only cab block is disabled :D So simply there is many of combination :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Awesome, thanks for the info!

• That's the point! I noticed that some people overestimate the kemper or guitar sound in general.
    Over the years I've got many many questions about my guitar sound.
    So The truth is that my Sound didn't change so much with different gear, amps, kemper etc I always return to my specific sound that I'm used to and helps to support my playing style.
    so I'm not saying that the Kemper isn't a great tool but it doesn't make you a better player!

Thx Sinmix! :)

100% true, many guitar-players are looking for "their sound" their whole life.... But Joe Satriani will sound like Joe Satriani on -nearly- every amp on this planet, like Larry Carlton and all great players. Larry Carlton once changed his equipment radically from Gibson ES-335s to custom made Valley Arts-strats with EMG-pickups (!), but he always had "his" tone. Now he went back to the 335s again, by the way: on all his famous Steely Dan guitar-parts he played an old Fender Deluxe, much later he started playing Dumbles.

The most important thing is the player himself, the same profile will sound totally different if different players will use it. Of course it's not just the amp, being responsible for a great sound. Actually it's the whole signal path: player (most important) --> guitar (very important !!!) --> cables (more important than you may think...) --> effects (if used) --> amps --> cabs/speakers --> mikes/mike-positions --> monitors/room-acoustic.

To make it short: using the same profile is no guarantee to have the same sound. 8)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de