Any plans for a Kemper 2 amp?

• Some people will never understand what Kemper Profiler really is.
    Profiler - that what it is .
    So it is not about new Kemper 2 or 3 , it is about new and better profiling .

But ,it seems that new digital generation will always wait for the next updates and "app" solutions instead to work on their music and guitar education .

It looks like a better and better equipment , now updated on almost daily basis , just killing the music and guitar skills instead to improve it ...

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• everyone,
    please don't make this another Profiler vs. AxeFx thread.

thank you.

+1. Please keep it to random speculation about a product no one is expecting! I'll start by saying that whatever it isn't, it is going to include a lot of wah presets that Don has been creating for the past 18+ months and made an occasional reference to but not released yet!

• I demand CK to redesign Kemper to look exactly like red tolex covered JCM800 from early 80's by 17.10.2015, because my friends think current 10 years old design looks, well, old and like toy (sort of reminds me this http://imgur.com/BGcOvWv, only mine is not red) and doesn't do the justice to my djentstick (I inlcude this video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    for your reference, unfortunately I don't have a number to your health and safety department, so I cannot send it direct) . You should listen to me or else I buy Helios or whatever the name of current Bar 10 flagship is (but I do know it blinks in 600+ colours, Kemper cannot do that, see, obsolete). I am random nobody on the internet, so SCART interface is really needed, you lose sale otherwise, I know that for sure, asked a guard on the train today, he does know that stuff, he's got a "Slayer" tattoo on his forearm. I also absolutely demand an update feature via aerial antenna, no cable where I live.

Also, why there are no firmware updates which completely change the sound? I mean, man, I can't play guitar for shit and never been anywhere close to a recording studio, hitting this G chord over and over (I think it's G) and practising goat vibrato with the same sounding firmware sure gets old pretty quick. I tried to play with these big round dials called bass/presence/treble whatever, don't need the other one, but what fun is that? Why did you design like that? No deep editing, where is my extracurricular bias A in stage one transformer menu (you know, the one you get by pressing A twice, the turn the big knob 3 times left, 2 times right and you are halfway there, thta's on the Hatchet FU)? I turn a knob on my Kemper, it works and then I should go and play guitar? Really? This is lots of sales lost here.

Ok, I got a bit carried away here, perhaps. Bottom line is: Give us 120% realer sound. Preferably by tomorrow.

• I don't see a potential KPA2 as a threat of any kind. My KPA sounds excellent, and won't magically fall apart or start to sound like shi*t just because there's something new out. With the latest computers and other digital gizmo's we are still using decades old algorithms. It is in the algorithms Kempers invention lies. Technology improve with time, and sooner or later it will become unreasonable not to update the hardware platform to capitalise on those improvements. Nobody yet knows when. C.Kemper has hinted at 15 years. I think that is overly optimistic, and that 5-7 years is more reasonable. Whenever that happen I trust that my current KPA will continue to churn out the same excellent tones.

Chill guys 8)

• I demand CK to redesign Kemper to look exactly like red tolex covered JCM800 from early 80's by 17.10.2015, because my friends think current 10 years old design looks, well, old and like toy (sort of reminds me this http://imgur.com/BGcOvWv, only mine is not red) and doesn't do the justice to my djentstick (I inlcude this video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    for your reference, unfortunately I don't have a number to your health and safety department, so I cannot send it direct) . You should listen to me or else I buy Helios or whatever the name of current Bar 10 flagship is (but I do know it blinks in 600+ colours, Kemper cannot do that, see, obsolete). I am random nobody on the internet, so SCART interface is really needed, you lose sale otherwise, I know that for sure, asked a guard on the train today, he does know that stuff, he's got a "Slayer" tattoo on his forearm. I also absolutely demand an update feature via aerial antenna, no cable where I live.

Also, why there are no firmware updates which completely change the sound? I mean, man, I can't play guitar for shit and never been anywhere close to a recording studio, hitting this G chord over and over (I think it's G) and practising goat vibrato with the same sounding firmware sure gets old pretty quick. I tried to play with these big round dials called bass/presence/treble whatever, don't need the other one, but what fun is that? Why did you design like that? No deep editing, where is my extracurricular bias A in stage one transformer menu (you know, the one you get by pressing A twice, the turn the big knob 3 times left, 2 times right and you are halfway there, thta's on the Hatchet FU)? I turn a knob on my Kemper, it works and then I should go and play guitar? Really? This is lots of sales lost here.

Ok, I got a bit carried away here, perhaps. Bottom line is: Give us 120% realer sound. Preferably by tomorrow.

Haha I love it - you have risen to the challenge! I knight you Order of the Kemper 2.

• The OP appears to be MIA.

C'mon, mate, have you anything substantial or does your argument that the KPA is incomplete, semi-obsolete and downright ugly end with your "contributions" thus far?

I can see it now:
    "Do I really need these awesome real-tube sounds so badly that I'd be willing to endure the "toy-like" looks of this ancient piece of kit day in, day out? On top of this, how will I handle the head spins and fatigue I experience as a result of having to suffer both the convoluted OS-upgrade process that redefines Olympic-level USB-stick gymnastics, and wear and tear of the unit induced by the constant but carefully-coordinated re-orientation thereof in order to access the carefully-concealed USB port? I could purchase the rack unit but USB access is only slightly less convoluted, and the lower LED count not only makes it look more like a toy, but would remind me every day that I've been cheated out of my rightful quota by a mean-spirited company that seems to care less about the aesthetics of my bedroom than it does tube tone."

From where I'm sitting, you appear to have lost the battle, and indeed the war. If you were to actually try one out, based on what you've offered thus far, you'd surely become your own worst enemy in the "conflict".

• Original post is lame.

I'm not a huge fan of the toaster design, I think the look of the toaster isn't amazing, but it sounds AWESOME so who gives a shit???

I'd play a Spice Girls Encore if it sounded better than anything I'd played before.

• Also I'd like a redesign of the case/buttons, because I don't really care for the look of the product. That's one of the reasons why I decided to try out an Axe-FX, because I think that is a well designed looking product. The Kemper looks more toyish and lesser quality in terms of looks compared to the Axe-FX. Kemper should get outside help in designing their 2nd version whenever that gets released.

I burst out laughing so hard at this. Sorry, but the AXE-FX looks like something out of the mid 80s....like this 1987 FM synth.

[Blocked Image: http://vst-store.com/images/product_description/nki/yamaha-tx-81z/yamaha-tx-81z.gif]

If you're into looks over sound, I can't help you there. The Kemper looks great.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Just my 2 cents here - the appearance is absolutely fine, and shouldn't matter anyway, but it does - people are generally drawn to better aesthetics. If you really don't like it, there are companies out there that will build you a custom vinyl skin to replace the exterior look if you'd like. Or you can make your own. Point invalid.

That being said, there are three features I would like to see:
    1. I think this one could maybe be implemented with firmware, but it depends completely on the hardware implementation. I run a stereo rig, where I have a stereo expander on quite often, and a Strymon Timeline in the FX loop in stereo that is on for about 1/2 of my patches. I'd like to see the main outs have separate EQ and output settings for the 1/4" section and the XLR section. I keep the cab section on for monitoring purposes because my stereo cabs respond well to them, but they do require a very slight EQ adjustment (-0.8 bass, +0.6 mid, +0.4 treble, +0.2 presence, if I recall correctly), and I use both 1/4" outs to the power amp (Matrix, if that even matters). To the house, I want to run a flat EQ, so they can modify it based on the venue's sound system. If I could tell the XLR section to be mono out when I only have 1 input (some venues with smaller boards will only give me one), and have a flat EQ, while keeping my cab in stereo mode, and outputting with the slight EQ adjustments, that would make my life much, much easier. The alternative is a rack-mount EQ between the 1/4" outs and the power amp, but I can't find one that I'm happy with. That also introduces more equipment (and therefore weight), more prone to noise and such, and switching to mono would then make both outputs mono.
    2. To me, and this one would be the biggest one for me - a second dedicated FX loop. I use two or three boutique overdrive pedals in front of my amp (depending on what I'm messing around with at the time), as well as a wah. As mentioned above, I currently run a Strymon Timeline in the FX loop (in stereo), and I'll be picking up a Strymon BigSky soon (I think my wife may have bought me this for my birthday, but I'm not sure). I could forego the on-board wah, as I can get a pretty similar wah sound with the Kemper, but I like my wah before any drives so that it sounds vocal and not overly bright. This means that I have to keep my wah and my overdrives on my board and run them before the amp. This also limits me a bit, as I cannot apply other Kemper effects before the overdrives, such as a harmony effect, shaper, or compressor. Adding a second FX loop would give me the ability to run the external ODs in the stomp section (probably in position 3, at least for my needs), and keep my stereo effects in Mod or X. Honestly, this is the one thing that really appeals to me about the Helix (though not so much as to switch to it), and I can't imagine doing something like that would be too terribly difficult since they already have an FX loop implementation.
    3. A better display. This one can be filed under the "this would be neat to have" list, as the dot-matrix LCD array does the job alright. But a full-color display (or, heck, even one with a denser pixel ratio) would allow for more legible text where needed (such as under the soft buttons, where even a smaller font with more words could make the option more understandable and easier to see), and a clearer, more legible reading for the rig or performance from a distance. This probably couldn't be implemented with the current processor, as it would need more juice to power a full-color display, but a faster processor and increased memory would also add the benefit of a faster boot time and quicker responsiveness to updating all the buttons and display elements when switching patches.

So, if there was a K2.0 coming out sometime, these are improvements I would absolutely love to see.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I am very happy CK had the philosophy to make a unit which would last over time. Every now and then such a product does occur. I have got soms ancient products I still use, f.e. an eventide eclipse, kurzweil synth, tc finalizer, Roland guitar synth. I hope the Kemper will be on this list as well in ten years from now. Its absolutely possible if your design is great from start and as a manufacturer you have the will to really make something good and not only to make money. The same reason why I don't have confidence in manufacturers like line6 anymore.
    So i would like to ask CK to stick with his great product, continue with the also great support and let us be happy users for years to come :)

• Amen to that, brother!

Regarding the Kemper's looks:

1) IMHO, this is something of a classic. It looks like nothing else, and therefore cannot be considered a wannabe or "me too" offering, which by definition would date it.

2) If you stumbled upon one of these things in the future and had no prior knowledge of it, you'd not be able to date it by looking at it, IMHO. This too makes it a classic. Timeless aesthetic design. It's future-retro looking to me. It wouldn't be out of place in the Kubrick Space Odyssey films or in a high-tech lair from a '60s Bond movie. IOW, it looks to me like a 50-year old take on what the future might look like.

The look makes it unique, and that is priceless.
    The sound makes it unique, and that's a feat in and of itself.
    The combination of these factors makes it the no-brainer deal of the century!

The instant gratification and easy tweaking are icing on the cake... albeit ultra-thick icing.

• Exactly what C.Kemper said!

• I love the design of the Kemper. It's clean, functional design in the German tradition. It also reminds me a bit of an oscilloscope and other lab equipment. I'd love it for critics to post photos of themselves in everyday wardrobe, and of their living rooms, so we can judge their sense of esthetics for ourselves. If the average crowd at a guitar show is any indication... :D

• Exactly what C.Kemper said!

KPA2 could come out tomorrow and I wouldn't be in that market cause of this^ For the slight amount of improvements to aesthetics (screen) and efx it's not worth it to me. I went with the KPA first off for the amazing tone and secondly for a well supported and built piece of hardware with a great warranty. I don't need to be replacing a $2K piece of hardware every 1.5 years cause it sounds better, or so they say. I'll stack the KPA up against anything out there, and if they think they have better tone then I'll just take the soul of their tone with my KPA end of story. Just sold my Mark V head cause I don't use it anymore. Thanks Mr. Kemper and crew for a great product which I am proud to own!! :thumbup:

• Yep - still fairly new/recent into my Kemper experience, but I have zero regrets.

The original poster (IMO) was certainly trolling at some level... coming to a Kemper forum, with very few posts, to basically criticize the product... sounds like trolling to me. If you're so "turned off" by the USB, then why even join this forum? Go get on the Line 6 or Axe FX forums and just leave us alone...

• I for one hope they don't make a kemper 2 for a long long time , it makes everyone scramble to get the newer one and BAM! all the sudden the kemper 1 isn't good enough anymore .
    and well we wish they would just take kemper 1 and add features and keep profiling the same and make a kemper 2
    who knows if its possible.

If you look at other companies like axe fx and line 6 they wished the same thing and they couldnt do it , they changed the models , the sound was totally different , none of the presets from the old one were compatable . Who needs kemper 2 if you couldnt import profiles from kemper 1?
    axe fx did the same thing all the sudden none of the patches were any good from axe 1 , they couldnt import to axe 2!

If the kemper did that all of the profiles we have wouldn't be compatible with the newer unit , and you would have to start from scratch !!!

All of the sudden with these companies the one before isn't as accurate as they claimed . maybe kemper got it right the first time , so they wouldn't have to keep making new hardware

I'm thankful kemper is different than the other modeling guys and doesn't force users to start from scratch; on new hardware that sounds different; all the time

if they could make a kemper 2 lets hope they are different than all the other modeler guys and can make it compatable with the profiles we have now. Every other company has failed to do that ! over and over again
    (look at line 6 , nothing was compatable from pod2 to pod xt or pod hd)
    but no company has been able to do that yet !

• OP came here to ask a legitimate question.
    He's certainly entitled to his views however far they may be removed from anyone else's.
    I think his arguments were discussed exhaustively.

There's no need for what seems like the whole forum to turn against him.
    I never liked that dynamic.
    OP is welcome here.

• While there have been three Axe Fx II units the XL+ is a slightly modified unit as some of the parts that were used on the XL were no longer available. There is no change in sound. The XL has additional storage over the II but again, as I understand it, there is no change in the sound. All three are still fully supported. Your argument makes about as much sense as saying that because Kemper released a rack version they have abandoned those who purchased the toaster and that we can expect them to soon release a Kemepr 2. And while you might find an Axe user who has updated to get more space I don't think that any would say that the newer ones sound better because they are bigger. New firmwares now are a different story and a weakness but to their credit they are working on making it sound better and the effects to me are superior in terms of usability and versatility. Love both units though.
    Sorry for the number of edits but I have to keep saving and editing to get this to work with my phone.

thats true , but look at axe 1 to axe 2 transistion ,
    were those presets from axe 1 able to be loaded into axe 2 with same sound?

thats what worries me ! each generation makes the one before obsolete including the presets you created !.
    axe failed at this , line 6 did , digitech , zoom , all of them have failed , each time they release new generation the old sounds you have created as patches are trhown away and you have to start over !

I hate that !

• OP came here to ask a legitimate question.
    He's certainly entitled to his views however far they may be removed from anyone else's.
    I think his arguments were discussed exhaustively.

There's no need for what seems like the whole forum to turn against him.
    I never liked that dynamic.
    OP is welcome here.

Amen. Thank you, Don, for once again being the voice of reason around here. Let's show newcomers the forum like it USUALLY is as a welcome rather than what much of this thread seems to present.