[Choptones] Marshall JCM800 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Signature

• New video! :D

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Love this pack! Was one of the first i bought for my KPA. I was trying to get near Zakk's sound for years and now got a lot closer. THX choptones :)

I have one question regarding your demo/cover of "Destruction Overdrive". Could you explain briefly how you mixed the several guitar tracks/profiles? Especially in regards of panning?

I'd be really thankful for that :)

Lots of kids when they get their first instrument hammer away at it but they don't realise there are so many levels of dynamics with a guitar. You can play one note on a guitar and it really gets to people if it is the right note in the right place played by the right person.

Gary Moore

• Hi! Thanks for your support. :)
    Honestly we don't postproduce our guitar track, we usually just record 2 tracks (maybe 4 on Destruction Overdrive) and panned them full L and R!

THX for the info. So probably 2 tracks per profile? And for the solo part? You didn't double track that one right? :D

PS: The only thing "missing" for me in this pack: A profile like #77 (for me the standard Zakk tone) but without the Bezerker Overdrive. Reason: I have the real pedal :)
    Don't know if it would have made a notable difference but it's a psychological thing also ;)

Oh and also one more question: What's up with the profiles marked in yellow (stereo setup) !? How do they work since the KPA only processes one amp signal at a time?

Lots of kids when they get their first instrument hammer away at it but they don't realise there are so many levels of dynamics with a guitar. You can play one note on a guitar and it really gets to people if it is the right note in the right place played by the right person.

Gary Moore

Edited once, last by MrMangofresh ().

• Dude

These profiles are beyond fantastic. Since purchasing them I keep coming up with riffs in my head that seem to translate well to the guitar. I keep sitting on the couch, suddenly getting up and improvising some seriously hard rock riffs, lovely tones; the pinched harmonics with vibrato sound so nice.

I can vouch for that Zakk Wylde sound, we started a cover of No More Tears and you can not differentiate between my sound and the album tone.

Cheers dude, that's the Zakk and the Cantrell that have really impressed.

Mike

Not sure why the text changes font size!

• Hey ChopTones, this pack is fantastic, really enjoying it. I'm interested in the volume 2, looks like different tubes and more boost pedals are the main differences. Can you tell me if that pack contains some medium gain and unboosted profiles, similar to volume 1, or is volume 2 mostly all higher gain metal rigs?