Effects Loop Mix CC#

• Hi guy,

Thanks in advance for your patience. I've checked the threads, and can't seem to find what i'm after.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some way to control effects loop mix via midi.

I have an Axe FX in the loop and i would like to be able to control the effects loop mix via expression pedal.

Thanks again.

• Here's the current list of CC#s. I don't see anything for the loop mix (oh, I dug through the manual and found that it can indeed be run as a parallel loop):

CC #1 Wah (pedal)
    CC #4 Pitch (pedal)
    CC #7 Volume (pedal)
    CC #16 Stomp Invert (inverts on/off state of Stomps A-D, X, and MOD)
    CC #17 Stomp A
    CC #18 Stomp B
    CC #19 Stomp C
    CC #20 Stomp D
    CC #22 Stomp X
    CC #24 Stomp Mod
    CC #26 Delay (without spillover)
    CC #27 Delay (with spillover)
    CC #28 Reverb (without spillover)
    CC #29 Reverb (with spillover)
    CC #30 Tap
    CC #31 Tuner select
    CC #33 Rotary Speaker speed (slow/fast)
    CC #48 Increase Performance Index (switch to next rig) **
    CC #49 Decrease Performance Index (switch to next rig) **
    CC #50 Slot 1 of Current Performance **
    CC #51 Slot 2 of Current Performance **
    CC #52 Slot 3 of Current Performance **
    CC #53 Slot 4 of Current Performance **
    CC #54 Slot 5 of Current Performance **
    CC #68 Delay Mix (for expression pedal)
    CC #69 Delay Feedback (for expression pedal)
    CC #70 Reverb Mix (for expression pedal)
    CC #71 Reverb Time (for expression pedal)
    CC #72 Gain
    CC #119 7-bit NRPN messages (A full documentation for NRPN can be found here. There you’ll find the Kemper Profiler MIDI Documentation (System Exclusive (SysEx) documentation).
    ** Performance Mode Only

• Thanks Frodebro.

I've gone through all that info. The manual clearly states that there are over 400 controllable parameters within the KPA, and i've looked at the midi manual and there seems to be no specifics around particular function numbers or where to find them, outside the list you've provided above.

It's frustrating, as i know it should be easy enough to do, i just need the info to do it, and i can't seem to find it anywhere!

• Using NRPN messages may work.

Can your foot controllers send multiple messages/commands with a single button push?

Per the midi documentation guide mix level of the stomp slots are addressable via NRPN.

I'm assuming you want to be able to blend in gradual levels of FX/sounds from the axe and not just simple on/off.

Sean

• On second thought the NRPN route will give you access to preset levels, but don't know how to get an expression pedal to cover that range of parameters so you can sweep from minimum to maximum.

• Hi Joptunes

Thanks for your help.

I have an RJM Mastermind GT22.

Yeah, you're right. I'd like to be able 'bring in' as much or as little of the loop signal as needed via an expression pedal.

I can't seem to find any info on NRPN for the Kemper, but i'm sure that if the Kemper is set up to control the mix sweep, then surely it would transfer to NRPN...

• NRPN is not documented because it's used for "Kemper Exclusive" features, such as the looper.

I have a Mastermind. There's no way to control the mix parameter of any effect except delay and reverb, ATM.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• If you pull down the Midi Parameter Documentation from the Kemper website, there is along list of parameters you can control via NPRN. The looper functionality is included, but there are other things, including mix level, volume levels, gain, eqs, etc.

There is no way I know of to control these throug an expression pedal, but you can trigger value changes with button pushes that will then change the parameter settings.

sean

• Also, the Mastermind doesn't support NPRN.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky

• Can the mastermind send out multiple CC messages with a single button push?

if so, can may be able to get it to work.

I use the Liquid Foot product and it sends out simple CC messages, several in order to address the NrPN stuff. May be worth looking into.

i have some samples if you're interested to see and try them.

sean

• Yeah, just configure the CC's to send on the preset.

• Give this a try:

Send the following messages from the Mastermind to the KPA
    CC# 99 value 127
    CC# 98 value 0
    CC# 6 value 42
    CC# 38 value 110

Monitor the Master Output volume level in the Output section of the KPA.
    These commands should change the output volume level to -16db

Then send:
    CC#99 value 127
    CC#98 value 0
    CC#6 value 30
    CC#38 value 15
    This should change the master volume output to -19db

If this works for you, then it opens up a bunch of parameters you can address through NRPN..

sean