[Hidden Feature] Display time on Remote's screen

• (Edit Mar 2017)
    Accessing it has changed for OS 5.1.1.1 To enable it:

Press "SYSTEM",
    Scroll acrioss to the "Date and Time" screen
    Press Unlabelled softbutton 3 above the LCD screen.

Time should now be displayed on remote again.

(Edit Oct 2015)

• In the 3.1.4 Firmware go to [SYSTEM], then across to "Remote Settings". Hit the unlabelled Soft Button 2 (above the LCD screen)

Thank-you Kemper team! :thumbup:

-----------------

(Original post)

I may get laughed out of the forum for suggesting this, but it would actually help me.
    The request does remind me of the old "Become an Inventor 101" rule of: Find something existing, and add a clock to it :thumbup:

I currently have a small LCD clock taped to my remote so I can keep track of set duration. If were opening for another act, keeping track of our stage time is very important (and often ignored by many amateur bands).

I know, I know.. Yes, I could wear a watch (never have though, don't actually own one) or use my phone (not a good solution on stage) etc.. etc.. but a super simple small time display option for the remote would be great.

I agree it does sound like a bit of a daft feature request though :whistling: , but it would stop me having to tape silly things to my Remote!

Thanks!

• This seems to sound odd for some people but I think this idea is not that bad.
    A normal clock and maybe even a stopwatch.

I remember many gigs were it was very important to leave the stage in time.
    So it was with many contests in earlier years and also when playing slots on big stages with tough shedule.
    Of course, if you know ur setlist well, you know how long it takes, but soundcheck always varies and sometimes u may have a break or problem during the set that throws you out of the timetable.
    Also, I know the situation when a tech or moderator stands beside the stage and wants to say u should play your last song but u got still 3 or more songs on setlist.
    In this situation it is always good to know if u are realy out of time or the tech is wrong.

Also good for soundcheck to know how much time left till you should start ur show.

I don't wear a watch and I think the only thing worse than having ur phone in ur pocket during gig is taking it out on stage to check time.

• I guess it would be cool Option. The KPA has got a Clock built-in. So why not. We have sometimes the same Problem. You start your set at about half past nine and have to cut on 1 AM sharp (depends on the area where you play). And sometimes we need the cops to tell us the time :)
    BTW - if it would happen, can you implement a Loop-Function for that ;)

• I don't have a Kemper remote, and most of the gigs I play are typically a little loose on their timing (church), but when I've played other venues, I could totally see the benefit of having a clock on it's display. It would be great if it were MIDI-displayable, just like when you go into tuner mode and use an advanced MIDI controller (like the RJM Mastermind GT) or the UnO for Kemper.

I think a timer or stopwatch would be difficult to implement in a way that would be useful though. Would you start it on the amp via a configuration menu? Would you really want it to take the spot of one of the control buttons? Neither are really optimal.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I´d would love to have that option. We always play set of 30, 40 or 45 min. And to have a quick reference would be great. If I take a look on my remote in perform mode, it could be perfectly placed in the upper right corner opposite to the rig number. It could be, that long rig names would be shortend but that wouldn´t bother me to much!