Monitor cab off

• Hi guys it's me again,

Is there a setting for monitor cab off for the main outputs or is it only availiable for the monitor output?

Does monitor cab off really work, because I noticed when I output from the monitor out the cab light is still on? Shouldn't it be off since the cab is not part of the rig being outputted?

Please help me understand this?

Thank you very much,

Armando

ACM

• If you switch the CABINET off, it's not present at the outputs. (Main, Monitor, SPDIF)

If you select ''Monitor Cab Off" it is removed only for the Monitor Out and you still have the full signal on your Main Outs for example.

This way you can have a poweramp and cab on stage and still send the full signal to the FOH.

• What Don said. As well, if you wanted to, I believe you can lock the cab button in an off position. That would make the cabs off for all of the outputs. But I can't see many uses for that. I suppose if someone wanted to use two standard guitar cabs in stereo, and had two external power amps (one for each speaker, or one stereo power amp) then you could potentially send the stereo out of the mains into your real guitar cabs. If you were using FRFR powered cabs of course, you'd want the cab models to be on. So unless this would apply to you (needing real guitar cabs in stereo) do what Don says.

• Thanks guys you have been a great help!
    I think we need a more comprehensive manual.
    I hope some expert is out there is writing one right now.
    I am sure that all the information in the manuals that came with the KPA. Are all there and up to date, but they are hard to find and understand.
    Arm
    thanks again

ACM

• Thanks guys you have been a great help!
    I think we need a more comprehensive manual.
    I hope some expert is out there is writing one right now.
    I am sure that all the information in the manuals that came with the KPA. Are all there and up to date, but they are hard to find and understand.
    Arm
    thanks again

Are you aware that the printed manual that comes with the Profiler is only the basic one?
    There's a very comprehensive manual on Kemper's support page for download.

• Thanks guys , but I still think there should be one big manual with an extended index. I guess I like big books. :thumbup:

If you're using Windows OS then try "Ctrl+F" when in a pdf. This will bring up the search box. Monitor Cab Off search revealed all kinds of hits in the Deeper View and Reference Manual 3.0. To me it's better and faster than indexes. :thumbup:

• Thanks Zapman, I didn't know that I give it a try. Another thing that bothers me is the lack of diagrams and instructive pictures. It has some but doesn't really help much.

Thanks again

Armando

ACM