STILL LOOKING FOR THAT PERFECT CLEAN !!!!!

• Hi , I know I've posted this before but I'm still looking for the perfect clean for all occasions....

I currently use The Morgan20 and some of Andy's Fenders but I still haven't found the perfect one yet.I'm generally using a Suhr Govan and a Strat...

( PS. - I generally find the Fenders twins don't have enough substance )

Suggestions or posts / rig links please ?

• Hi there robman

I have been so impressed with the cleans from the TopJimi page. The fender bassman 64 in particular.
    Check them out. I've got a hunch you might just find what you're looking for here! Best $7.99 I've spent all year
    Cheers

http://www.topjimi.com

• There's one on the Exchange called "Acoustic sim 2" - it's from a Zoom acoustic sim pedal, I guess. Just fiddling with Amp settings and EQ I can get a pretty nice piezo-style clean going from my Schecter Scorpion - it's mahogany, with a Screamin' Demon and a Custom 5. In humbucking mode it's a little "cleaner" than a Jazz Chorus, and with the coil tap on it sounds like my Boss AC-3.

A lot of clean profiles seem to work well with the Soft Shaper effect in X, incidentally. I set it so there's just a little bit of breakup when you strum hard.

• May the force be with you.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...