ultimate profiling

• would it make a more accurate profile of an amp if you say had two versions of profiling one snap shot of the settings you have now and a second choice thats a bit more in-depth where you have to alter the dials of the amp during the process thus taking a lot more information about the amp and how it reacts to gain increases,volume increases,bass,middle and treble being altered. So when you adjust the dials it remains more faithful to how that particular amp would respond ?

• Yeah, I thought of this too when I first researched the unit.

I imagined the profiling signal saying, "When you hear the tone, turn the bass control fully counter-clockwise and slowly sweep fully clockwise" and so on. In order to capture the interactions between the tone-stack controls, the sweeps could be re-done, or just the extremes "sampled" with the remaining knobs at both their individual extremes.

I reckon a purely snapshot-based method, sans sweeping, could be made to work effectively too, where the intermediate values are interpolated. It'd only be a matter of positioning the various knobs at their extremes when prompted to do so by the signal being fed by the Kemper.

Easy, peasy... but I'll let Christophe take care of that one!