Stomp Delay Before Stack Section????

• It`s really frustrating for me trying to achieve the sound of a delay stomp pedal before the amp with Kemper!!!
    We all know that delay and reverb but mostly delay sounds completely different having it before the amp.

Am i right guys?
    I have songs* that we don`t play in European tours with my band just because of this issue :evil:

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQH5T9aO8lk

• I know, i already do that when practicing but when you are on tour most of the times you really don`t have the time to set this up...
    Don`t you agree that you achieve so different sounds when having the delay pre amp that would make a reason for it`s existence there?

• Yes this is and has been discussed on here a million trillion times on here lots and lots and indeed lots of us including me want a stomp delay in the kemper ...for me the "well just plug a delay into the loop" solution sucks big time I don't want to carry extra stuff round !!
    it was mentioned in the manual when I bought the kpa and it should be there ....come on CK give us a stomp delay before any other fancy schmansy new effect ....please please und pretty please with sugar on the top ...
    (right of to my beach yoga class now...)
    :)

• I totally i agree with both of you guys...
    I mean our kemper now has pitch shifter, harmonizers and all these weird stuff just to balance the effect "lack" in comparison with the Axe FX, BUT we all choose kemper
    for it`s tone quality and simplicity!!!

Come on Christopher we`ve been waited for so long and it really gonna takes you 5 minutes really :)

if not just give me a good reason for not having it before the amp!!!

• +1 for that option :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• It`s really frustrating for me trying to achieve the sound of a delay stomp pedal before the amp with Kemper!!!
    We all know that delay and reverb but mostly delay sounds completely different having it before the amp.

Am i right guys?
    I have songs* that we don`t play in European tours with my band just because of this issue :evil:

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQH5T9aO8lk

Yes, it sounds different and I agree that this should be added in a (near) future firmware. However, I don't get the reason why you can't play the song you linked with a delay after the stack. I'm pretty sure this song sounds good for live use with a post amp delay as well. The audience propably won't hear any difference.
    BTW: I like the song, nice one!

• Yes, it sounds different and I agree that this should be added in a (near) future firmware. However, I don't get the reason why you can't play the song you linked with a delay after the stack. I'm pretty sure this song sounds good for live use with a post amp delay as well. The audience propably won't hear any difference.
    BTW: I like the song, nice one!

I totally agree that the audience won`t hear any difference...
    I guess it`s more of a personal taste and about how different the delay accents work when having it pre - stack.
    And besides that i thing it`s the only basic effect that you don`t have the choice to place it wherever you want (Reverb too but it`s really rare having it up front)

I`m glad you liked the song by the way :)

• Delay has a cool side effect - depending on your delay settings and how you're playing, it can actually function as a boost, because the sound of two notes at the same time is louder than one note. That makes it so using delay can actually push the amp a little harder, causing clean sounds to break up, and heavily overdriven sounds to almost go into a fuzz mode.

I run a Strymon Timeline in the FX loop, but, pre-Kemper, I ran it in front of a Vox AC-15. It does sound completely different. I'm personally happy with doing that, but I would love a delay stomp for ambient sounds, so I can stack two or three delays at a time.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I agree with the FR in general. We should also consider that Kemper would release such an update only if the Profiler is able to manage 7-8 delays in the same rig (from a number-crunching POV), otherwise they'll never do that (I can't image them offering a solution with the limitation of only being able to use 2 or three delays... doesn't seem in their style to me).
    Basically, I'm wondering whether the overall processor available is the limit. Let's consider that Kemper have always stated that they have already planned a number of improvements for the future, so there might be an actual issue with assigning the available resources to future processes\function.
    Just a thought of course.

• Agreed - according to the NAMM videos. 4.0 will introduce Morph. New Delay effects will be released after 4.0.

Right, but according to NAMM statements 4.0 was due in February. Who knows what will be released when with which features?

Edited once, last by joerch ().