Top Jimi: '68 Marshall Super Lead Version 2

• Hi,

The PDF should state that the MONITOR OUT contains no speaker cabinet in the Merged profile, not the Direct Out. Sorry!

So the old-school Studio profiles have cabinets modeled in the Main and Monitor outputs. The Merged profiles have a cabinet in the Main output and a DI profile out of the Monitor output.

-Jimi

• But it still remains to be seen if it IS the Direct Amp profile that's being sent out of the monitor out, if the Monitor Cab Off option is left unchecked. To me it would seem otherwise, judging by CK's comments about Merged profiles. He states that once merged, the Studio profiles can be deleted, as they are identical to the part of the Merged profile with the Cab. That would leave a lot of FRFR owners in the lurch.

• But it still remains to be seen if it IS the Direct Amp profile that's being sent out of the monitor out, if the Monitor Cab Off option is left unchecked. To me it would seem otherwise, judging by CK's comments about Merged profiles. He states that once merged, the Studio profiles can be deleted, as they are identical to the part of the Merged profile with the Cab. That would leave a lot of FRFR owners in the lurch.

This is not my experience at all with these profiles, when playing over headphones. Anybody experience the same?

• OK thanks, that makes sense... so what do direct outs get with the merged profile?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• This is not my experience at all with these profiles, when playing over headphones. Anybody experience the same?

Maybe something went wrong in the merging process? I've seen a few posts about the differences between Studio and Merged profiles, where it turned out that they hadn't been merged properly.

Ps I haven't actually bought these yet, so can't listen to see how much of a difference there is.

• As I bought the original Top Jimi 68 SL pack I would be interested to hear from someone who bought both the original and the newer ones and who could tell how he would compare them.

• CK is right that one could ideally remove the studio profiles if the direct box didn't color the sound at all. We found that the direct box has a small effect on the tone, so the studio and merged profiles differ very slightly. Because of this we kept both merged and studio profiles in the pack.

Jimi

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So f.... fun to play when I got THIS sound, Woow...hahah - --- THANX, TOP JIMI. Still NR 1..:-)

• CK is right that one could ideally remove the studio profiles if the direct box didn't color the sound at all. We found that the direct box has a small effect on the tone, so the studio and merged profiles differ very slightly. Because of this we kept both merged and studio profiles in the pack.

Jimi

Yes, please keep the studio profiles :thumbup:

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Hi Jimi, I've purchased these profiles and didn't receive the mail with download link. I sent you a message on contact form on your site. Thanks!

[UPDATE]
    Solved! Thanks JimI! Great profiles!