Softstep 2 expression pedal configuration

• Hi,
    Anyone using the KMI Softstep 2 with an expression pedal that might like to either post a screenshot of their Softstep configuration or advise how I can get my expression pedal midi control changes to be read by my Profiler rack?

I have no problems using the expression pedal direct input to the Profiler. Just confused as to why my CC's aren't being recognised via the Softstep expression pedal input?

Any assistance would be really appreciated!

• http://1drv.ms/1X4St0nAll good. (GREAT actually!)

What an amazing little midi foot controller! Using a modified Boss expression pedal (I installed a spring to return the pedal to heel) plugged into the Sofstep2, set the wah stomp in the KPA across the entire rig with pedal to heel off. (see attachment)

Working mostly now in performance mode - this thing is incredible and I've only just started getting into it's capabilities.

If anyone is keen to discuss or share settings/configurations/other please drop me an email or message.

Sheeny

• Hi folks,

@Sheeny it says the file is removed from your One Drive.

I am suffering the same problem, I couldn't make my Moog EP-3 expression pedal work via Softstep2. Even I make all the settings from the softstep advanced editor neither CC#7 nor any number of CC# message isn't being recognized. However, I have no problems using KPA's direct input for expression port. I am using my expression pedal for volume for all the rigs in Performance Mode.

So, if you have the solution would you mind sharing it again?

P.S. I like your spring modification.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• Even I make all the settings from the softstep advanced editor neither CC#7 nor any number of CC# message isn't being recognized.

The SoftStep can send MIDI data on multiple channels at the same time. What MIDI channel using to send CC# data? What MIDI channel is the KPA set up to receive the data? (if you are running a simple rig, set the KPA to OMNI)

• Hi Paults,

Thanks for your answer (or questions? :) )

I figured it out, of course the solution was in front of my eyes. I noticed that when you create a new setting from SS2's advanced editor it doesn't automatically sets enabled. You need to enable it after you're done.

Just a little click action but, if you miss, it makes you think "Houston, we've a problem"

:huh::whistling::thumbup:

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• Hi Noyan,

What setting have you enabled?
    Can you send me a photo?
    I have the soft step 2 since yesterday. The first impression is very good.
    Unfortunately, I get my Mission Engineering EP1-KP-GN not in operation.
    I have the pedal calibrated without problems but I get no signal output during operation.

Here are my settings:

Thx

• Hahah :) I just saw your messages and glad you sorted.