[Guidorist] Unbeatable price → Biggest Sale Ever ← 33% off

• I'm not playing something either if it don't inspire me right away. I agree good tone is good tone. When you go into a music store you plug a guitar into a amp and you either dial in a good tone or you don't. No backing track needed. You have to start with a good guitar tone, and then make the mix fit the guitar tone. That's how I do it. My music is instrumental and it's all about the guitar, the guitar is the centerpiece, the most important instrument, so I make the mix complement the great guitar tone. If I like a guitar tone I will throw away a mix before I abandon the guitar tone. Same thing with reverb, I record my tracks with my guitars reverb, I don't add reverb to the guitar after it's recorded. Everything else in the mix is submissive to the mighty guitar. I like guitar tones that are big and wide, airy, like Yngwie and Vai, I like 80s Drums that hit hard and sound huge with a lot of reverb on them, I like keyboard pads that are thick and float in the air and also have nice reverb. Any great guitar tone can fit in a mix if you make the mix fit into the guitars world and not the other way around.

Anyways, I'm going to buy the Big guido pack here in a few minutes...
    Hope it impresses me as much as the BHP packs I bought, looking forward to trying the YJM100.

• I'm not playing something either if it don't inspire me right away. I agree good tone is good tone. When you go into a music store you plug a guitar into a amp and you either dial in a good tone or you don't. No backing track needed. You have to start with a good guitar tone, and then make the mix fit the guitar tone. That's how I do it. My music is instrumental and it's all about the guitar, the guitar is the centerpiece, the most important instrument, so I make the mix complement the great guitar tone. If I like a guitar tone I will throw away a mix before I abandon the guitar tone. Same thing with reverb, I record my tracks with my guitars reverb, I don't add reverb to the guitar after it's recorded. Everything else in the mix is submissive to the mighty guitar. I like guitar tones that are big and wide, airy, like Yngwie and Vai, I like 80s Drums that hit hard and sound huge with a lot of reverb on them, I like keyboard pads that are thick and float in the air and also have nice reverb. Any great guitar tone can fit in a mix if you make the mix fit into the guitars world and not the other way around.

Anyways, I'm going to buy the Big guido pack here in a few minutes...
    Hope it impresses me as much as the BHP packs I bought, looking forward to trying the YJM100.

[Blocked Image: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/Deuterium/YngwieUnleashtheFookinFury.jpg]

• Love the photo haha! I just bought ticket to see Yngwie for the first time last night only $25 in a small venue that only holds 2,500 people, paid $10 extra so I can be let in the door first, general admission... I'm thinking about buying the meet & greet with him for $400 and get him to autograph a card I have from Dunkin Donuts haha

ps just paid for the Big Pack, downloading yjm100 right now and yes about the unleash the fookin fury \m/

• Love the photo haha! I just bought ticket to see Yngwie for the first time last night only $25 in a small venue that only holds 2,500 people, paid $10 extra so I can be let in the door first, general admission... I'm thinking about buying the meet & greet with him for $400 and get him to autograph a card I have from Dunkin Donuts haha

ps just paid for the Big Pack, downloading yjm100 right now and yes about the unleash the fookin fury \m/

Your are going to have a great time. I probably have seen Yngwie ten times over the years (lots of years), and he never failed to deliver 110%. I just wish he had a true band, like back in the day. I was almost thinking about seeing him again this tour when he comes to Hartford, but decided to pass. Not crazy about his current skeleton crew of a band (if you can even call it that). However, if you have never seen him before, you are in for a treat. Have a great time. :thumbup:

• Yeah, I wish he had the Ripper still with him, or maybe one of his earlier singers. His singers are usaully the weakest link in his band, I'd love it even more if Yngwie would just focus on strictly doing instrumentals. My favorite video to listen to of Yngwies is the instrumental one he did with the Japan Philharmonic Orchestra. I think he's the best living guitarist. I always wonder if Randy Rhoads had lived would he have also followed Yngwies direction into more classical oriented guitar music, instrumentals etc. I tend to think so. But Randy just wasn't around long enough to fully evolve to his fullest potential.

I just spent 30 minutes totally shredding the Guido YJM100 profiles, these are awesome! I especially like the one with the SD pedal, just sounds a little more liquid for legato, but the one with the YJM boost is right up there with it, I like it when I want a little more clarity, not quite as liquid/distorted as the SD one but it has more clarity. I love them both. I found they cover a huge amount of ground too, I was shredding Yngwie one minute and then playing through all the Rhoads songs the next even threw in some Texas Flood licks and that tone really worked very, very well for all of that.

Haven't even started trying all the other amps in the big pack yet, so little time, so many profiles! haha!

Man this Kemper is so much better sounding and way easier than my Fractal XL+ ever was!
    No regrest at all about switching to Kemper.

Fractals effects never did really "wow" me anyways.... if it's not a Eventide rack like Vai used on Passion & Warfare or the big 3 Strymon pedals nothings going to impress me or be good enough for me as far as effects go.

Kemper is miles above Fractal in terms of getting amazing amp tones.

And Kemper requires no tweaking other than setting your reverb/delay.
    I don't touch the gain or any of the stuff to mess with the profiles, I just plug and play.

I bought every BHP pack on his site and Guidos big pack 1 so far.... haven't been disappointed yet!

• Hi guys,

first of all: Many THX for all your nice words and compliments about my playing and profiling. I really appreciate it and this is always a great motivation to continue my work.

About Sinmix:
    I know Sinmix a bit because at the very beginning (when I started to profile myself with my studio mate) he sent me lots of his own profiles for just checking out. That was very nice, so I sent him some stuff and recorded a few demo clips for him too. After a while (maybe because each of us is running a different business) we've drifted out of contact with each other.
    So i can say, I know him a little bit:
    he's a nice guy with some strange humour once in a while (that can be misunderstood as well). ;)

About the Guitar-fits-In-the-Mix Philosophy:
    Our concept of making great guitar sounds is actually very simple:
    If we found a great guitar sound that sounds good itself then we captured it with the Kemper. Because it all starts here with a good guitar sound that you can play by yourself (without backing or anything) and until now EVERY amp sounded perfectly alone AND in the a mix as well.
    But WHY?
    if you wanna a perfectly balanced guitar sound in a mix you always have to adjust it a bit, so that it sounds perfect to the other instruments. But because every mix is different and there a 1.000s of music styles and tastes. Metal has different aspects than funk. And rock', roll has a different guitar sound than bebop jazz etc. etc. So there will be never ONE Guitar-fits-In-the-Mix-sound!! That's absolutely nonsense.
    BUT if you start with a great guitar (or drums, bass etc. etc. ) sound you can be sure that after a few adjustments it will fit in a certain mix. And thats the part of a great engineer here!

I know that some guys see it totally different (even Sinmix, hehe) but that's my experience as a guitar player after 37 (!!!) years of playing and 100s of recorded songs for myself or other artists. ;)

• hi,

dear Guido, the first sample with the rig5 that sound malmsteen played on a custom strat. What kind of pick up are used, cause i don't have so much distortion with my Noiseless pick-up.
    I'm working on getting a Malmsteen sound. I have something better with a greenOD, the rig3 et lowering the gain. If some of the user want to help or share some setting please, open a conversation.

Guido, why do you always refine with emg? here, we would appreciate single coil i think. I test the profile with double seymour and split, bareK juggernaut, it is great, and really differ from one guitar to another....but not malmsteenish...

• Hi Dreamlp,
    the first 5 samples are played by my friend Raimund Burke on his Custom Strat and the rest is played by myself with the Luke II (EMG PUs). I don't know which PUs are installed but I can ask him...
    We always profile/refine with my Luke II because I found out that this works best for it. When we're happy with the results we always double check with other guitars like Starts and Les Pauls. And until now it worked perfect for us this way ;)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Amp profiles (Merged) of the Martial YM100
    (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Marshall® YJM100)

• Thx Man!

he's a nice guy with some strange humour once in a while (that can be misunderstood as well). ;)

^^ This, nothing more :thumbup: Cheers Guido. :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• Nope, without backing track after all if someone ask you man how it sound? You need to post something in a whole context (mix) if you are not a noob, then everyone can hear how the guitar fit in the mix etc... if you are noob you can post just guitar sample * yes can sounds good) but without comparison i can say only how they are played IMO. At the end guitar, amp can sounds good alone but in the mix or with band can sound shitty. :D
    Stay Metal!

Depends on what the person who purchases is looking for. If it's someone that is most likely playing/jamming by themselves or in a live band situation I think they mostly want to just hear the guitar and what it sounds like alone. If there goal is mainly for recording and releasing songs then they want to hear it in the mix. Personally, 95% of the time i just want to hear the guitar track by itself and what it would sound like when i'm just playing.

• Guidorist,

Thanks for another great sounding package of profiles. :thumbup: Nice range of gain and tones. You are making outstanding profiles and am happy to purchase them each time because they are affordable and sound fantastic. Grats on another high quality set of amp profiles. :thumbup:

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Are any of these going to be added to the metal pack by chance?

• Many THX!!! I'm very happy that you like our latest Amp Profile HK Razor Blade (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Hughes & Kettner® Switchblade 100) so much.

Here are the sound samples:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.