[Guidorist] Unbeatable price → Biggest Sale Ever ← 33% off

• Great job on these Guido.

Great day all round for Marshall sounds - the YM 100 and TJ's DC/AC set - and all are merged so you can mix and match cabs to your hearts content.

Don't forget the SinMix 77 Marshall and the Choptones 71 Marshall.

Guido...I have been waiting for this one. I have heard that the YJM Marshall is just killer. I can't wait to get home from my business trip so i can run through these. i'll definitely make a clip!

• Ha ha....

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:P:P:P Quickie with a drum machine

• This looks great. However, what sort of guitar did you set up the tones for? I only have ibanez guitars with humbuckers :( Was the aim to get a Malmsteen type tone with the amp?

Well, if you are specifically trying to approach a vintage Malmsteen tone, you are going to need a nice Fender Strat with low output Dimarzio HS-3 in bridge and HS-4 (formely YJM) in neck.

However, I am sure you will get great tones regardless of the type of guitar and pickups you own, as this profile is a based upon a great Marshall amp. Just because this is a special, signature edition Marshall, and has some special bells and whistles (e.g. power scaling), don't feel as if it is a one trick pony. it is based upon a model 1959 Super Plexi, which pretty much defined the sound of rock guitar.

• I got the YM100 from Guido today!
    Here's my mini-review:

If you want to sound like Yngwie, this is probably the best way to do it. I tried it out on my strat (more similar to David Gilmour's strat than Yngwie's: CS fat 50's neck and middle, and the SSL-5 bridge) and Pearly Gates LP.

I noticed many things:
    1) You can get a pretty good Yngwie tone from a regular strat
    2) You will still want to go buy an Yngwie strat. It's pretty obvious some of that vowel sound he gets on the neck comes from the pickups.
    3) I cannot play Yngwie very well
    4) This gives an amazing tone for Cliffs of Dover and EJ stuff
    5) This is a good contrast to Guido's Marshall 800 - this nails the vintage Marshall lead tone, the 800 nails the modern, hi-gain Marshall tone
    6) The LP sounds great on it, just that old Marshall sound, not really Yngwie-like though

This profile is very clear like all of Guido's stuff. It's not as present as the higher-gain amps of his, but that's the way this amp is. Think about Yngwie's tone vs Steve Vai's heavier tones, that's the difference I mean. If you're looking for that heavy Vai type tone, I really have to recommend the Road Queen Guido has - my personal #1 favorite profile. The YM100 is somewhere in the top 5, or at least will be until I get an Yngwie strat...

Also, Guido is a super nice guy. Helped me out in reimbursing me when I wanted to trade in my single packs to buy his big pack and so on. Best profiles I have, and I'll be glad to keep supporting him in the future.

• You've just proved what I said yesterday about your shredding of late, Frank.

Mate, if you smell any burning, check your fingers first before running to the kitchen stove.

as i have written nicky, master guidos lessons are pushing you to another level. I try to constantly train my picking with his cool runs

• the sound samples of the new
    MARTIAL YM100
    (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Marshall® YJM 100)

are online now

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:)