[Guidorist] Unbeatable price → Biggest Sale Ever ← 33% off

• Very nice Sambrox, I dig those tiger stripes on the neck. Hope you enjoy it. And that's a mighty pretty Luke. I tried a Luke III, didn't care for the unfinished neck though, so I returned it. I bought this beauty instead (I'm just too accustomed to PRS's, this is my 4th) It has such warmth, and a piezo as well (and a trem, not shown) Sorry the pic is so small, it's from my phone. Click on it and you'll see it much better. It sounds just great with Guidorist's profiles, got to say!!

Thanks, man. That axe you got there looks divine! Unfortunately, the Charvel has a really bad grounding problem. I'm gutted. I've never tried returning something to Thomann and I also (stupidly) threw away the packaging. I'm contemplating giving it to my usual tech and writing the chunk of cash he expects off to experience :(
    Last time I buy a guitar before playing it first! On the bright side, the guitar is absolutely astonishing to play (although comes with 9s again - doesn't Guthrie use 10s?) and when it isn't buzzing or popping, it sounds fantastic with Guido's profiles (as well as Andy's Victory pack, as I expected). Well, off to play the Luke instead!

• Yeah Sambrox my mate just bought a Guthrie Charvel last week and it definitely came with 10's. Made by the same Charvel/Jackson master builder my EVH Wolfgang. That Charvel has to rank as one of the top 3 guitars I've ever played. Shamed about the shielding issue.

• Thanks, man. That axe you got there looks divine! Unfortunately, the Charvel has a really bad grounding problem. I'm gutted. I've never tried returning something to Thomann and I also (stupidly) threw away the packaging. I'm contemplating giving it to my usual tech and writing the chunk of cash he expects off to experience :(
    Last time I buy a guitar before playing it first! On the bright side, the guitar is absolutely astonishing to play (although comes with 9s again - doesn't Guthrie use 10s?) and when it isn't buzzing or popping, it sounds fantastic with Guido's profiles (as well as Andy's Victory pack, as I expected). Well, off to play the Luke instead!

What a shame, man, sorry to hear that! That does indeed suck. I have an attic full of all the original boxes my axes and keyboards have come in... just in case

Yeah Sambrox my mate just bought a Guthrie Charvel last week and it definitely came with 10's. Made by the same Charvel/Jackson master builder my EVH Wolfgang. That Charvel has to rank as one of the top 3 guitars I've ever played. Shamed about the shielding issue.

Hey guys, lets change the threat to
    Favourite guitars you own?

• Yeah Sambrox my mate just bought a Guthrie Charvel last week and it definitely came with 10's. Made by the same Charvel/Jackson master builder my EVH Wolfgang. That Charvel has to rank as one of the top 3 guitars I've ever played. Shamed about the shielding issue.

The info slip provided by Charvel in the packaging states that they ship ALL their guitars with 9s, weirdly enough. Anyway, found the issue : there was no grounding cable connecting the trem claw to the back of the volume pot, as there usually is on strat-style guitars. The hole was drilled in to the electronics cavity, but no wire. Shoddy quality control for a guitar with that price tag... Anyway, a couple of inches of wire and some solder and hey presto! Good to go :) Unfortunately it's too late to do a proper comparison vid now, so it'll have to wait til tomorrow.

Hey guys, lets change the threat to
    Favourite guitars you own?

Yeah sorry Frank. Back on topic : the XTC profiles sound just as great with the Charvel, only slightly brighter overall (I'm guessing due to the different wood and the passive pickups). A bit like if you stick a strat through an amp that was dialled for a Les Paul; still sounds great, just a bit more top end bite. I'm definitely picking up one of the other packs now. Any recommendations (you say Mesa, Frank?)?

• The info slip provided by Charvel in the packaging states that they ship ALL their guitars with 9s, weirdly enough. Anyway, found the issue : there was no grounding cable connecting the trem claw to the back of the volume pot, as there usually is on strat-style guitars. The hole was drilled in to the electronics cavity, but no wire. Shoddy quality control for a guitar with that price tag... Anyway, a couple of inches of wire and some solder and hey presto! Good to go :) Unfortunately it's too late to do a proper comparison vid now, so it'll have to wait til tomorrow.

Yeah sorry Frank. Back on topic : the XTC profiles sound just as great with the Charvel, only slightly brighter overall (I'm guessing due to the different wood and the passive pickups). A bit like if you stick a strat through an amp that was dialled for a Les Paul; still sounds great, just a bit more top end bite. I'm definitely picking up one of the other packs now. Any recommendations (you say Mesa, Frank?)?

For me first mesa than jsx and 5150. I bought them all.

• @Monkey_Man thanks :) I've never played a Suhr, so I've absolutely no idea, but the Charvel is really nice to play (I'd go so far as to say, it makes me play better. Same goes for the Luke).

@Eltzejupp How are those Marshall profiles, Frank? I have a gig coming up with an old band where I used to use a Marshall 6100LM exclusively and would like to try to get some of those old tones again. All the Marshall profiles I've tried to date didn't really get there (although were very nice).

• @Monkey_Man thanks :) I've never played a Suhr, so I've absolutely no idea, but the Charvel is really nice to play (I'd go so far as to say, it makes me play better. Same goes for the Luke).

@Eltzejupp How are those Marshall profiles, Frank? I have a gig coming up with an old band where I used to use a Marshall 6100LM exclusively and would like to try to get some of those old tones again. All the Marshall profiles I've tried to date didn't really get there (although were very nice).

Hi bro, check my soundcloud example of the jtm. The marshall 900 is also very good for old style rock
    but the jmt is much warmer
    Ma acount there is also eltzejupp, use the link under my sign and let me hear what you think
    cheers
    Frank

• hi Sam,
    as frank already said the Brit 900 is just perfect for older Rick stuff ( but no hi gain)
    just have a listen. :)
    Thx so much again guys for all your nice compliments ! :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Interesting guitar Sam. :) - I have Guthrie in my studio soon within the newt few months. chances are what we work on will work for you too : ) - enjoy it!

Another episode of "so-and-so Meets TheAmpFactory", I hope.

I wanna hear him say, "I'm GG, and I've been fooled by the Kemper."

Guido, I never get tired of hearing that "Kemper Amp Profiles of the Bognar XTC" clip.

• Thx monkey man!!
    but it's the Brit 900 in my last post., I first linked to the XTC, but just a mistake :)

BTW I made this thread to the MAIN THREAD for all our amps. It's a lot easier this way. So you'll always find the newest amp profiles in the FIRST POST ;)

• Hi guys,
    we proud to present our first Bass Amp Profile!!! :D
    Studio Profiles
    8 Kemper® Amp profiles of the Antpak AsWeTe(Tried to replicate the sound of a Ampeg® SVT-CL)
    Recorded with 1x Momtronics Earth mic (Off axis)
    Tegel Audio Tube Preamp (Handbuilt in Germany)
    Antpak 8×10″
    Martial 4×12″ Standard
    Boosted with EBS
    (Needs at least Kemper® OS 3.0)

Sounds absolutely great! Played by Joe Calvanelli /Engineered by Guido Bungenstock & Joe Calvanelli

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sure, here's a full info:
    Studio Profiles
    8 Kemper® Amp profiles of the Antpak AsWeTe(Tried to replicate the sound of a Ampeg® SVT-CL)
    Recorded with 1x Momtronics Earth mic (Off axis)
    Tegel Audio Tube Preamp (Handbuilt in Germany)
    Antpak 8×10″
    Martial 4×12″ Standard
    Boosted with EBS
    (Needs at least Kemper® OS 3.0)