[Guidorist] Unbeatable price → Biggest Sale Ever ← 33% off

• OK, I figured even if I waited as I'd planned for Guido to build a bit of an arse-anal and doing some sort of a deal on it (everything), at 50% off I figured "What the heck" and bit the dust... hard.

Put my money where your mouth is Guido, as promised. Proud owner of everything.

Will obviously report back at some point and add to the endorsements here and (let's hope!) on your site too, GuidBro'.

Just gotta ride this salmonella poisoning first, so sit tight whilst I hang loose... :D

• Nooo... not the day after I bought everything! OK, I see the prices are still what I paid yesterday. Phew!

OK, here are my initial impressions, unadulterated and honest 'cause that's the only way I know how to roll...
    For the sake of (an attempt at) entertainment 'though, I'm going to try to be funny. No EQ-stack or other adjustments made. First impressions straight out of the box, all expressed in the language of nuts:

Bog XTC - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Warm Balls

Rockerverb - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tight Balls

Brit 800 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Scratchy Balls and fizzy med gain

Brit 900 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Better balls and fizzy med gain

JayTea - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Vintage tiny balls

JayTea & TS9 lead - - - - - - - - Immediate, awesome balls

Mee Boo One Refire 50 - - - - - Shredded balls

Pvy 5xx0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Controlled, fizzy balls

Pvy JSX - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Controlled big, woody balls

Soldariu Hot Rod - - - - - - - - - Tight, controlled, mix-ready balls

Voice 15 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Characterful lack of balls

Some mid and high gain Vox profiles would’ve been very nice IMHO.

The Brit 800 had an edginess I didn’t like. Allergic to phase cancellation, so there may have been a little in there. The Brit 800 & 900’s medium-gain fizz isn’t my cup of tea either.

All up I’m very happy with my new balls. The flavours are there with class, punch and character. My only caveats are outlined above. Will audition the SVT with (unfortunately) 12 year-old strings on the fretted Stingray 5 some time soon…

Drownin’ in balls here…

PS: Guido, you’ve got balls bro’!

• Picked up all packs apart from the voice 15 and the bass pack. They sound really great!! Can't wait to try them out with the band. Stand-outs for me are the Orange, XTC and the JSX but the rest are all up there as well :)

As others have said a Vox would be a great addition if you have access to one :)

• I thought a Vox was there, but just no mid and high-gain profiles...

Yes, there's a Vox AC 15 available. But its profiles are way more clean than anything that I used to dial in with my own AC 15.
    So another + 1 for a few more cranked profiles of it, if you can still get your hands on this amp @Guidorist.

• @Monkey_Man,
    many thx for your great ball review! Great mate! :D

@Ingolf,
    we tried to boost the Voice 15 with some overdrive pedals but it didn't sound really well with them so I think the voice 15 isn't made for hi drive sounds :)
    but we'll do a Voice 30 in the future :)

to all:
    thanks again for your nice comments! :) btw I personally use our profiles with tube amps and real cabs live on stage and during my workshops/clinics and it always sound just great(thru monitor and cab off) :)

• Balls = more cylinders in a car, more courage on the sporting field and in life, more resilience, more grunt and more beef in a Rig IMHO, Harry... but you knew that, didn't you? LOL

@Monkey_Man,
    many thx for your great ball review! Great mate! :D

Honestly, Guido, I was expecting to love all the packs 'cause I appreciate your playing and ear so much, and I felt bad that I wasn't mad about the Brit 800, but you know how it is, bro' - a man's gotta be honest... and know his limitations. LOL

The good news is that I'm very happy with everything else, and the fact that you're going to try to do a "Voice 30" with more gain in the future takes care of my only other concern!

Wuddun, mate!

we tried to boost the Voice 15 with some overdrive pedals but it didn't sound really well with them so I think the voice 15 isn't made for hi drive sounds :)
    but we'll do a Voice 30 in the future :)

I think if for no other reason than to sort of round out the Voice 15 cleans, this'll be worth it, so I hope you do, Guido.

I've always found these amps to be a bit scratchy the higher the gain one uses, but although it may not be the prettiest sound around, it has a place in many a pop song for a bit of jangle-jangle, IMHO.

thanks again for your nice comments! :) btw I personally use our profiles with tube amps and real cabs live on stage and during my workshops/clinics and it always sound just great(thru monitor and cab off) :)

I'll bet! Plus there's all that tone from your fingers, Guido. LOL

• Thx a lot mate!
    Of course it's always like playing a real amp: you like it or you don't like it! Same with the profiles: you feel comfortable or not. So it's always about personal taste. Even myself I have my personal favorites of the amps we profiled which are the BOGNAR XTC, the PVY JSX/5xx0, the MARTIAL 800 and the SOLDARIU Hot Rod

But it always depends on which song I'm working, specially the LEMON ROCKAVERB works great for thight rhythm guitars.

But one thing I can say for sure that definitely ALL profiles have the same quality and we put a lot of time in profiling with the same accuracy.

and for the sound samples I tried to capture the individual character of each amp :)

• Tight, controlled, mix-ready balls....
    thats all i need to know !!
    :thumbup:8o

Thanks man

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• 6 Amps for 6 Beers.
    I'm sure, I can drink it more quickly then study all the possibilities of this profiles.
    One beer is for you, have erroneously 2 times the same order. :D
    Cheers to you - you earned yourself. :thumbup:

Thanks Guido, it's a fair offer - Harry