[Guidorist] Unbeatable price → Biggest Sale Ever ← 33% off

• Might be worth loading the amp with 2 cabs in parallel or series, mic one and muffle the other. Should result in a 3dB drop, theoretically.

If you do it in series (as opposed to parallel) then the resistance load should be double (two 8 ohm loads in series yield 16 ohms) and the resultant power/volume should be half. If you do it in parallel it would be half the resistance and twice the power/volume. The changes with load can affect the tone somewhat but whatever.

• If you do it in series (as opposed to parallel) then the resistance load should be double (two 8 ohm loads in series yield 16 ohms) and the resultant power/volume should be half. If you do it in parallel it would be half the resistance and twice the power/volume. The changes with load can affect the tone somewhat but whatever.

Solid state amps work as you describe if their power supply is up to it - eg a solid state bass head where the output devices are directly coupled with the load. Tube amps like Marshalls have switchable transformer taps on the output - typically 8 Ohm or 16 Ohm - and power output is more or less the same on each. You can even put 4 cabs in a serial/parallel setup and get a 6dB drop.

• Hi guys,
    I made a new video (Steve Morse Style) using the „The Jack XLS“

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Jack XLS
    (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Lee Jackson® XLS-500)
    ONLY €4.99!!!

[Blocked Image: http://www.guidorist.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Kemper-Amp-The-Jack-XLS-Merged-600x600.jpg]

• Hi Guido,

On top as usual. Can you tell us your signal chain? Is it the kpa to a powerstation and to a real cab , miced and recorded, or is it the kpa direct into the daw with cab sim on and that's it?
    I am very interested with which signal chain you banned that sound into the vid.

Cheers
    Frank

• Hi Frank,
    Many thx for compliment!

The chain is actually pretty easy:
    KPA recorded via spdif into Logic and monitored at the same time thru the Matrix GT1000Fx with Marshall 2x12“ V30. That’s it!
    :D

So we don't hear a part of the matrix with the real cab in this example? Recorded out of the box via spdif and that's what we hear, no eq or other things in logic? Sorry for asking again.

• How do you want to hear a part of the Matrix amp without an external mic? :D

You're only hearing the entire The Jack XLS (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Lee Jackson® XLS-500) profile.
    I just added some rev/delay in Logic without any EQ.So it's exactly the same profile that you can find in my shop!
    THX again! ;)

• Hi guys,

we're very proud to present you our latest creation! This is really one of the best rock amps we had here in the studio. Unbelievable killer machine! :D

Fireman PT
    (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Friedman® Pink Taco PT-20)

[Blocked Image: http://www.guidorist.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Kemper-Amp-Fireman-PT-Merged-600x600.jpg]

Get it for only €4.99

• Hmmmmmmm,
    here is the report:

To make a long story short.

The Jack is outstanding with the Bognar 412SL cab. I tried some of my prefered cab's but nothing could beat the bognar. It's a 100% match to the amp.
    Clear and definated tones from clean to high gain. Punch, punch, punch.
    This amp is placed in my hall of fame.

The Friedman PT:

First impression: Too noisy. Gate is off. Lot's of gain............ I love the high gain sounds, so next step, noise gate on. Ahhhhh, silence (-;

I must say, this amp has the little extra, what is it? I call it smack when playing. God save guido that it is a merged pack. I don't like the cab's very much, so I switched to my gem's.
    This amp combined with my 2x12 mesa boogie or with a 1960AV is killer for me. Pure rock n' roll and loooot's of low end. Love it.

Finaly these two amps are a great addition to my collection from Guido. The collection is very easy to describe: I got them all 8o:D

So here is my top 5:

1. The Jack
    2. The merged soldano
    3. The merged xtc
    4. The merged rectyfire
    5. The friedman pt

All other ones are on pos. 6. First place 6 is the, for me, very underrated tube thomas. Also a masterpiece.

Cheers

Frank

• Hi Frank,
    Thx for your cool review!
    And you’re right these amp are absolutely killer ones specially if you play them on real cabs.
    Of course, it’s all matter of taste. But these two beside the Newer Soldariu SLO & the Sun Badge 35 are my favorite ones (at the moment).

And yes the Fireman PT is kind of noisy but the noise gate of the KPA can handle this very well. But the real amp was way much more noisy at all. :D

• hi guys,
    I did a video one year ago (almost forgot about it) using

[Blocked Image: http://www.guidorist.com/en/wp…vy-JSX-Merged-600x600.jpg]

Pvy JSX
    (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Peavey® JSX)

[Blocked Image: http://www.guidorist.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Kemper-Amp-Diesel-V4-Complete-600x600.jpg]

Diesel V4
    (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Diezel®
    VH4 KT77)

Get them for only €4.99

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi guys,
    who says that a Bognar XTC would'nt work for some country chicken picking as well?! So here is a video that I made two years ago which I almost forgot. :D
    Enjoy!

[Blocked Image: http://www.guidorist.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Kemper-Amp-Bognar-XTC-Complete-600x600.jpg]

Bognar XTC
    (Seeking to re-create the sound of a Bogner® Ecstasy 101b)

ONLY €4.99

• i used to support Guido and his profiles. Bought some and liked them. I have an abo on this thread - but I have to admit that I don't like the recent developments...
    Too many profiles coming too fast, with maybe too little time to tweak them and still no sound samples for the bassman - although they were promised a long time ago. They were promised personally by Guido to be there before the price rise (price was raised from an very expensive coffee to a coffee Noone would buy). Instead videos and advertisements for lessons.
    Strange addition: if not enough likes were generated by such a video, someone feels offended. In addition, I feel that the slogan should be changed. I have no idea where Guido lives (Hamburg?) but I live in Munich - which is an expensive city. Still, you will not find a normal place, where you will have to pay 5 euros for a single coffee...

I will leave this thread now and wish you all the best!
    Will still see you in this forum!

PS: Guido: if you think I am not fair in my point, feel free to contact me by pm.
    I am no bad guy, not angry or whatever. I just stopped being fan/supporter. All the best!

• Hi guys,
    who says that a Bognar XTC would'nt work for some country chicken picking as well?! So here is a video that I made two years ago which I almost forgot. :D
    Enjoy!

Lick 6 sounds like the theme to Battlestar Galactica! :D