Better ducking delay

• I miss having more control over the ducking feature, specifically in the delay effect. Changing the current single parameter to a few more detailed parameters would make it a lot more flexible and powerful IMHO:

1. Ducker sense input: [Delay Input | Instrument Input] - this way when the rig gain changes, the ducker doesn't have to be adjusted as well (if set to instrument input)
    2. Ducker sense knee: [linear | log | exp] - controls how the ducker reacts to changes in input volume
    3. Ducker release: [0..500ms] - controls how long the ducker keeps its attenuation after there's no more signal
    4. Ducker sense threshold: [-18 - 0dB] - trigger threshold for the ducker
    5. Ducker attenuation: [0 - 18dB] - amount of gain reduction for the delayed signal

BTW I know the ducking parameter is present in a lot of places, but I really think the delay effect deserves more control over ducking, even if for that a new delay type needs to be created.

• +1 I personally use the ducking feature quite a bit. I personally haven't ever messed around with any device that gives such a set of features for ducking, but would be interested in experimenting with those you listed.

• One thought about the idea of an Instrument Input Level Ducking control:

It seems to me the Ducking setting needs to be rig specific, because of differences in gain, not input specific. Since higher gain rigs tend to be more compressed than lower gain rigs, the playing technique is different. With different playing dynamics, a different Ducking setting would be needed. So, wouldn't different Ducking settings be needed with different rig gain settings?

• That's basically a full compressor. I still think it would be nice to have insert FX on the delay (with the option of sidechain to the main signal), that way you could build your own better ducker with the compressor stomp.

That way you don't have to rebuild and maintain the same things in multiple places throughout the OS. An OOP approach if you want.

• One thought about the idea of an Instrument Input Level Ducking control:

It seems to me the Ducking setting needs to be rig specific, because of differences in gain, not input specific. Since higher gain rigs tend to be more compressed than lower gain rigs, the playing technique is different. With different playing dynamics, a different Ducking setting would be needed. So, wouldn't different Ducking settings be needed with different rig gain settings?

Yes, the idea is being able to select instrument input or delay module input for the ducking sense trigger on a per rig basis, sorry if that wasn't clear. BTW all the suggested parameters are per rig as well, and only for the delay slot.

• Definitely. It is often impossible to get ducking to act in a "natural" way, as the dry guitar input often has a very different response than what's presented to the effect being ducked.

At least, be able to select between instrument input/amp output.