Type Knob Problem

• It's a bit hard to describe, but I'll try:

When I want to load a stomp effect in one of the Slots (A,B,C,D or in the effect section), and I use the type knob (left of the display) the KPA first shows the list of available effects, but when I turn the knob, sometimes the KPA automatically jumps to the edit screen of the effect although I keep turning the type knob. This is rather irritating. Anyone else who has the same problem?
    It seems to be a rather random phenomenon. Sometimes the problem doesn't occur in days - then it's back.

• Latest release available here. What is that? FW 3.0.2. ...?

As I said, it's a minor issue, but kind of annoying when you work with the KPA a lot. ... I am also glad that I am not the only one to have encountered that. I was starting to think it might be a hardware issue.

Edited once, last by joerch ().

• Could it be more of a timing issue, that you stopped on a certain effect for a second and it started to autoload that effect (which it does) before it knew you wanted to continue browsing, then goes straight to edit screen. If that makes sense.

• Could it be more of a timing issue, that you stopped on a certain effect for a second and it started to autoload that effect (which it does) before it knew you wanted to continue browsing, then goes straight to edit screen. If that makes sense.

Nope, definitely not. At first I thought it was my bad - but then I really made sure that I kept turning the knob really fast - still - if the problem occurs, it's there - regardless of the speed.

• Have the same behaviour with my Toaster. My first idea was that the type knob does not work correct and that this is a Hardware issue.
    But that seems not to be the answer if it happens with other Kempers too.

multiple Parker nightfly guitars, KPA & remote, DXR 10 stereo setup

• Does this behaviour appear with certain effects only? Maybe there are default settings for some effects which are loaded automatically?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• No - I should try to film it. When you scroll through the list, it's almost like a flickering of the edit screen and the list screen. Sometimes the profiler halts on an edit page although you keep turning the type knob and then it goes back to the list page.

I have the suspicion that this only ooccurs when there is an effect loaded in the slot (so not with an empty slot), but this is just a feeling I have.

Funnily, this was the first time I have read the message on screen with the stereo widener saying that this effect doesn't make any sense before the amp because this section of the KPA's routing isn't stereo.

• It's still there in the recent OS 3.1x ... I now have the suspicion that it occurs whenever there is more to do for the tiny transistors in the chip that does the magic. But it's really annoying and today it was really stubborn - at times it was barely impossible to scroll through the list because the KPA showed the edit page for nearly all of the stomps / effects ... and it takes a looong time if you want to add an effect from the bottom of the list.

• Have you reported this to support yet with a back up, maybe they don't no about it :)

I haven't sent a mail to support, because user ragingben wrote in this thread that he had already contacted support about this. And I am led to believe that the officials follow threads - at least in the problems and trouble shooting area of this forum. ... Maybe I should send them a mail, though. It's really annoying, this.

• I've not encounter this problem on either of my Kempers. Could it be a physical malfunction?

In all there are 4 users in this thread that have (at times) the same problem. I guess that rules out a physical problem to some extent (though not entirely). I guess that not more users encounter this, because using the type knob (instead of the browse knob) is not that popular?