Type Knob Problem

• Don't. Why?

I doubt it would be helpful if I stated my disappointment here? Of course, it worries me that there's this really aggravating and irritating display error which makes it - at times - a nuisance to choose the stomp you want from the list (not to mention the horror sounds you get if you choose a post amp stomp / effect from the end of the list and on your way autoload engages a fuzz and you get a horrible and shockingly harsh volume peak which may harm your ears if you use a headphone). I also have the suspicion that the KPA'S lag of response I sometimes encounter might be related to this (i.e. if I want to adjust the parameters of a stomp, the KPA has a lag of response of up to about a second). Now, it has been reported in July - support first wanted me to send in my KPA for repair. Then Timo has announced here that it's defintely a software error (in August). Half a year later, the only response I get from KPA is that the assume (not know) that it's a software error. No fix scheduled. ... But what can I say? The team has probably some more important work to do - and apparently not all users have this problem. All in all, this is not very convincing to me - as a layman I would make sure that I coped with the errors first, before I continued developing the software. The professionals probably know better - like they know what causes the problem and have plans of changing the module that's causing the porblem anyway - so why bother fixing something that is going to be fixed by one of the future updates anyway. If that was true, however, I wonder why support doesn't say so.

• i have the same issue. I thought it is a hardware problem and sent it to the service.
    They told me they changed the knobs but the problem still exists (sometimes).
    I will contact support again ...

Thisin itself is hard to believe - you were asked to send in your KPA, although support has been informed about the issue and they have posted here that it's a software issue? ?(

• Thank you @joerch for stating the issue openly again.
    I can understand that this is not convincing and not satisfactory.
    Hopefully they (Kemper) get to the root of the cause soon, which of course includes the possibility of a hardware problem on your unit as well.
    So let's keep this thread open and alive.

• Thank you @joerch for stating the issue openly again.
    I can understand that this is not convincing and not satisfactory.
    Hopefully they (Kemper) get to the root of the cause soon, which of course includes the possibility of a hardware problem on your unit as well.
    So let's keep this thread open and alive.

holz27's example above should be enough to rule out the possibility of it being a hardware issue. Also Timo has clearly stated in this thread that it's a software issue.

• Just to chime in again, I experience this problem a lot and assumed it was hardware related untill this thread came up. I was really holding out for a fix in 4.0 because it drives me nuts in a rehearsal or live situation and puts me off changing fx because of the audible chaos it can cause. This is pretty much the only buy I know of that, erm, bugs me frequently.

• Still there in 4.0.... Anyone else still getting this?

I've just checked on 4.0.1 Beta and it's fine here, I never experienced what you presented ---> here. When I choose stomp and start turning TYPE knob, the list of effects never disappears immediately. Just after 2~3 seconds. I even tried it with STOMP B as in your video.

I wonder how it is possible, that we have the same hardware and software (are you on 4.0.1?) and it happens for you and not for me.

• I still get it, but it's less stubborn, less persistent. Before 4.0 I sometimes was hardly able to go to the desired effect with the display going crazy. On 4.0 I could at least use the type knob and get to the desired result.

• I think same and more problem here:

• When choosing stomp boxes, type button flickers and jumps to other effects or does not respond.
    • Besides this except reverb stomp, the type and browse knobs don't seem the behave as normal. It is hard to describe but briefly: While in reverb stomp, we can have hall, large, small room effects by type button and ambience 01, ambience 02 by browse button.But for example in delay stomp when I turn type button, I can reach the reach the type of effects but when I load one of them, the browse button shows me 127 presets (I think this is the number of total presets for all of type of effects). In addition, I have an -empty - slot for.

First problem is the one OP is facing I guess and maybe the second one is not a problem, it can be a tweak however I could not find any answer to that so far.

• Today we finally identified the bug of the flickering type overlay - which was a pretty tough one. I am pretty sure we fixed it this time, upcoming in version 4.0.2).
    Oh, and yes: it was a software issue.