Why does my Input LED go red on one profile but not the other.

• Hi guys,

I’m setting my input sense for a new guitar. It has high output humbuckers so I’m basically just turning the sense down so the input LED doesn’t go red too much.

Anyway, on a profile with the gain around 3, I can whack my strings as hard as I like and the input LED just goes orange occasionally.

But if I select a different profile from the same series with the gain set to zero, the input LED flashes red quite a lot with the same guitar, the same input sense settings and the same “whack force”

I do not understand this behaviour and it is contrary to what I understand the LED to represent, namely the strength of the input signal.

If that’s the case, why does it show me an overload on one profile but not another?

call me confused (again)

• Aha.
    This is in performance mode.
    I was working on the principle that an input setting was common across all profiles in a specific performance. I realize now that it is slot specific and it had actually been unlocked.

Thanks guys....dumb move on my part.

Paul, where is this check box you refer to? I only have one page in my input settings and it doesn't have any soft buttons. Only way to lock the setting I know of is with the hard lock button plus the input hard button.

• And in cas your inpit section is locked already:

Clean sounds with the same perceived level, as you dialed in correctly by Clean Sens will prodice larger signal peaks than distorted sounds, since the dkstortion will compress all attacts to a unity volume given by the distortion.
    This will not happen on clean sound, resulting in larger peaks.

But don't worry. Some red's in the LEDs will not cripple the sound.
    There is a gentle soft clipping device in the input as well as in the output, taking care.

• Yeah, thanks Paul, did that. In fact that's how I normally have it. I am aware about the different settings for browse vs performance but was mistaken that I didn't realize that the performance mode was also on a profile by profile basis.
    Somehow I had unlocked it and forgot.

Still curious though about the soft button you refer to