Connection Question: Unusual Use

• HI All,

I have an unusual requirement that I am hoping can be solved with the Kemper Amp.

For practice I use the Rocksmith 2014 game on my console. This is a great tool but the in built amp sounds are pretty poor. The way it works is you plug the special cable into your guitar and it uses this to detect the pitch that you are playing, thus scoring your playing in the game as you play real songs.

Inorder to improve the sound I currently use a pod HD and DT 25 combo but am struggling to get good sounds out of the pod. It does however connect easily to Rocksmith.

Rocksmith needs a dry (i.e no effects or amp modelling) guitar sound for accurate note detection and at the moment I simply plug my guitar into the pod, set up an effects loop on one channel and my pedals and apm etc on the other. The rocksmith then plugs into the fx send socket on the pod and gets the dry guitar signal. The effects etc then go to the DT-25.

So my question is can I output a clean, dry sound from the Kemper to the console via the rocksmith cable while still outputting the modelled sound to an active monitor? This would be the same as sending the dry guitar sound without amp/effects to another guitar amp I guess.

Thanks for any help, I hope I have explained what I want in enough detail. Hpefully I will be able to do this and will soon be a proud owner!

• Just to let you all know, I am now the happy owner of a Kemper and a Yamaha HS7 monitor. Works flawlessly with rocksmith and the tones already surpass the Pod HD500 by a big margin, even without much tweaking. It is also so much easier to use. Now I just have to work out how to use my pod as a midi footswitch and I will be good to go.

Thanks both of you for your help

• Just to let you all know, I am now the happy owner of a Kemper and a Yamaha HS7 monitor. Works flawlessly with rocksmith and the tones already surpass the Pod HD500 by a big margin, even without much tweaking. It is also so much easier to use. Now I just have to work out how to use my pod as a midi footswitch and I will be good to go.

Thanks both of you for your help

Were you able to get your HD500 to control your Kemper? Here's a video I made on how I use mine and a link to download the Preset & Setlist is in the video description on YouTube:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I hope this thread is not too old to bring back, but it was the only one about Rocksmith :)

Did you by any chance try to profile the Rocksmith sounds with the Kemper and use those? I just tried this but got some problems like i had to turn up the volume of Rocksmith very high and some sounds worked, but on the lead sound it didn't because distortion was too much and the KPA told me to dial back on gain. Anyone tried that and has some tips or recommended settings?