Ethno sounds;

• Since I know the Kemper-.team started with great success in the "Syntheziser-buisness" long before the amp- profiler..is there any technical ability/possibility to "put" some ethno-style sounds into the profiler;I already have seen some requests for some Sitar-like-sounds.If this is possible(;) why not add some more ethno-style-stuff;For example the Oud or a bouzouki;

I know this is most of all a matter of "cost".I know it is impossible to profile a string-instrument so you need more "sample-like"-stuff.Hence I dont expect a "positive" answer that would include the same price of the unit as it is now.But I am just curious.I have seen the Boss SY-300 some weeks ago on youtube.Thats why I ask.

• The SY-300 doesn't include realistic acoustic instrument sounds - it primarily makes synthesizer-type sounds.

The KPA is not a sampler, BUT there are many acoustic sounding Rigs on the Rig Exchange that could be edited to sound like other instruments:

! Hotel Acoustic, Kemper Banjo, VG-99 Banjo, VG-99 Dobro, VG-99 Acoustic, VG-99 Acoustic 2, Acoustic Sim 2, Acoustic Sim, Gilmour Hey Acoustic, Acoustic GSP, Acoustic GSP 2 Hall, and more.....

• @thanx paults

To be honest..I did not expect ofcourse to see some samples put into the KPA.I know ofcourse it is no synthi or sampler which can do that.But I was just curious to hear some more opinions on this issue.These VG-99 profiles are very interesting indeed.What kind of profiles is this stuff;And "how far" the KPA can go with such profiles with units like the VG-99;

• The VG-99 profiles were made by connecting the KPA to the GK pickup Input of the VG-99.

Here are sound clips of two of them:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nikos, the cheapest and most practical way I know of to get into some of the more exotic guitar (and sitar) sounds is to do what I did - buy a Line 6 JTV guitar.

Even if you only use it for resonator, dobro, sitar, 12-string, acoustic and semi-acoustic sounds, it'll be well worth it.

I said "practical" 'cause, unlike with a sampler, it's a helluva lot easier to play these sounds in the vernacular from a guitar than a keyboard. IMHO, the Roland gear's always been good for more synth-based and "out there" sounds, but for authenticity, the JTVs are state-of-the-art... IMHO.