New Kemper user, JMP, 5150, TJ Plexi etc.. :)

• Hey guys i got my Kemper few weeks ago and decided to record some clips for Youtube... I used JMP and 5150 profiles.

If you like what u see and hear u can subscribe, there are going to be a lot more of action on my channel... TNX!

EDIT

Im gonna post all of my future clips on the first post so U guys can watch em all :) Tnx!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Short soundcheck jamming... :)

Another short soundcheck jam... TAF Cornfeld Car :)

Stikany 6505 and me... :)

New song, Cililab Mesa profiles... ;) Check it out! :)

• Welcome, nll, to the forum.

Great playing, dude. Been saving for years for your guitar as well as a passive LIII (more recently). I hope to have both... in probably a few more years!

I couldn't see enough of the headstock to be sure, but that's a Luke, no? If it is, you're a lucky bastard!

Enjoy. What a combination - the Kemper and a Luke.

• Welcome, nll, to the forum.

Great playing, dude. Been saving for years for your guitar as well as a passive LIII (more recently). I hope to have both... in probably a few more years!

I couldn't see enough of the headstock to be sure, but that's a Luke,…

Tnx for the compliment! :)

This is actually L3 HSS with passive Dimarzios. :) I had Luke with EMGs and i was totally underwhelmed by the sound and feel... The guitar itself was absolutely great, the neck, the feel everything was just perfect for me, and im really really big fan of Music man guitars... :D When my friend got the L3 (this was his Luke which he sold to me when he got Neptune blue lol) the difference between L2 and L3 was like night and day... Slightly fatter and rounder neck (V shape was less pronounced), roasted neck has a great feel etc... But the SOUND... These Dimarzio passives are absolutely great... If u have the money u cant go wrong with L3! I didnt buy all of my guitars and gear right away lol I gigged for years till i slowly upgraded my gear... ;) So just be patient and get it if u can, u wont regret it! :)

• Gee, thank you for the feedback, nll.

I too am a huge fan of MM. Both my recording basses are Stingray 5s - 1 fretted and 1 fretless. It took 10 years to save for them, and they're the best instruments I've ever bought.

I do want to get the LIII before the Luke, but have been stuck as to which I should order - the HSS or the HH. Obviously the HH is splittable so without being able to compare in person it's a tough call. I mean, there's no way to approximate the H in the neck position of the HH guitar using the single-coil on the HSS.

Decisions, decisions. If I had the dough, I'd get the Luke for the EMG sound, the LIII HH and HSS, but I'd still want burned birdseye-maple necks as well as rosewood versions for each guitar! The toughest thing is just to choose one; I have to then save for other gear as I'm a one-man operation and there's always other keyboard / computer / software / interface / eDrum stuff to upgrade and so on.

If I only played guitar and didn't have to buy all this other "crap", you can bet I'd have every flavour of Luke possible... and maybe a Petrucci or two as well, but I'm inclined to believe that the lighter bridge on the Lukes would be better for tone, and we all know that Tone is King, right?

Enjoy, you lucky bugger.

• Yeah, I'm over EMGs really. Used 'em in all my basses through the '80s and '90s.

Seeing as you went there, I've always wanted a '73 Strat, a nice Tele and a '59 LP. Maybe they'll happen eventually, but I have to repeat that all I'm GASing for is MM, specifically the LIII. I just thought it'd be nice to have the old EMG model for the cutting clean sounds... for variety, but as you'd know, those PUs lack subtlety.

Interesting that when I first saw an old bass of mine's waveform after using it for years with EMGs, I noticed that the attack was literally truncated - the waveform started with a vertical line as if the pre-attack had been chopped off. I was dismayed and from that moment onwards I shed my love for active PUs and swore I'd go passive all the way from then on. The Stingray basses use active MM PUs, but they seem to have all the nuance I need and I haven't yet seen the waveforms. Not sure if I want to 'cause I love those basses!

I got to watch your videos on my TV just now as opposed to the Mac using the in-built speaker, and the guitars sound excellent, as does your playing. I'm honoured to have met you, bro'. Keep it up, man!
    Nicky