New YouTube channel...Kemper Profiler TV

• Kemperians,
    Found this on YouTube - this may develop into something interesting to follow :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,
    Wolf

• I saw the video from the FB Kemper group. It's an interesting take on how to "clean up" a signal, and, in a sense, get a "double-amp" sound. The problem I have with this technique is that bumping the control makes that portion of the signal bypass the amp block altogether, which is fine if you're using the amp's overdrive, but I have some overdrive pedals in front of my amp, so it ends up sounding fizzy if I throw one of those on.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Not much in the amp section can really clean up an overdrive pedal. If you are using one of the distortion stomps in the Kemper you could try adjusting the Mix in the stomps menus. Or try using Clarity instead f Direct Mix, unlike Direct Mix, Clarity doesn't change the character of the tone, it will just put the amps distortion more to the background. For any channel with Gain I use Clarity, only use Direct Mix on my cleaner channels to get them to pop out more.

• Apparently he did a whole series of videos for the G System and his ambition is to do the same for KPA. I hadn't heard of him before seeing this posted on FB, but people in the thread there seem to be excited that he would take this on. He'd previously stated he would be doing tutorials for the FX8, but decided against it when he tried the Kemper. I haven't seen the vid yet, but I'll br glad if he comes up with something I hadn't tried or thought of :)

• Not much in the amp section can really clean up an overdrive pedal. If you are using one of the distortion stomps in the Kemper you could try adjusting the Mix in the stomps menus. Or try using Clarity instead f Direct Mix, unlike Direct Mix, Clarity doesn't change the character of the tone, it will just put the amps distortion more to the background. For any channel with Gain I use Clarity, only use Direct Mix on my cleaner channels to get them to pop out more.

Right, that's what I was saying. Before I went Kemper, I was using an AC-15 and a pedalboard full of really nice boxes to mold my sound. For my own personal "signature" sound, I really like the sound my overdrive boxes give me, and I cannot get a similar sound using the overdrives in the Kemper. I now use one of Paul's AC-30 profiles, and I get a fuller sound than I did from the AC-15, but I still like to drive it with those pedals. It sounds fantastic (in my opinion, at least).

However, when covering songs or seeking out alternative sounds, playing different genres, etc., the Kemper is king. I can load up all kinds of other amps to achieve the right sound for the song I'm on. The only difference is, for those gigs, I bring my controller only, and not my full board, because the idea of "my personal sound" has gone out the window. In that case, I could see the Direct Mix knob being beneficial, but, as you stated, moreso on the clean sounds.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Apparently he did a whole series of videos for the G System and his ambition is to do the same for KPA. I hadn't heard of him before seeing this posted on FB, but people in the thread there seem to be excited that he would take this on. He'd previously stated he would be doing tutorials for the FX8, but decided against it when he tried the Kemper. I haven't seen the vid yet, but I'll br glad if he comes up with something I hadn't tried or thought of :)

Agreed!
    could be very helpfull

• I saw the video from the FB Kemper group. It's an interesting take on how to "clean up" a signal, and, in a sense, get a "double-amp" sound. The problem I have with this technique is that bumping the control makes that portion of the signal bypass the amp block altogether, which is fine if you're using the amp's overdrive, but I have some overdrive pedals in front of my amp, so it ends up sounding fizzy if I throw one of those on.

to add clean direct signal to a rig with a dirt stomp, use the Parallel Path feature.
    it even let's you assign two stomps to the direct signal, like eq and compression.
    hth

• Hey everybody,
    I've started a YouTube channel just for the KPA...here's the first video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Many more to come!
    Rock on,
    Scott.

Sent from an iPhone I found by the river.

• Great to have you over here Scott. Your G-System video helped me loads but I moved over to the KPA about 8 months ago now and it's just bloody great. Looking forward to hearing what you come up with over the coming months.

I take it you're going to do a similar thing with presets in time?

I'm very familiar with his G-System Videos series, he does a really good job of explaining how to get the most out of the unit and how to nail popular artists' sounds/effects. Hopefully he'll do the same thing for the KPA.