First time in the Studio with the Kemper

• Hey guys,

I'm so excited to take my Kemper to the studio the first time in the middle of August :)
    I allready did reamping on our pre-production and just wanted to ask you if you guys do anything special before you go to the studio.

Right now I got about 5 different sounds, that I really like, for all the parts of the 2 songs we'll do.
    The engineer worked with a few artists before us that used the Kemper as well, so it'll be nothing new for him.

I got the Kemper for 3 months now and I almost only use TAF profiles. But atm they're only the free ones, because I promised myself I wouldn't buy any Profiles in the first few months.
    But now TAF got a freaking Summer Sale and I'm so tempted to get myself a few Profiles

• if you're in the studio anyway, this would be a good opportunity to have the enigineer setup a great sounding amp/cab/mic combination and to profile it. ;)

Sadly I don't own any very good amps. I got a H&K Tubemeister 36 and an old Brunetti XL R-EVO II but nothing that sounds better than my Kemper Profiles.
    Also the time in the Studio is very costly and I'm in a small Band that just got the cash to record 2 Songs. So I won't go in and try to Profile something that I believe won't sound as good as my favourite profiles.

Or come around, And I'll profile it for you : )

Well I couldn't resist and bought some of your Profiles from the AmpPack 2 and they rock even more then the few free ones I got before them. I really love your work with the TwoRock amps, which I use with my LP despite your recommendations^^
    The only thing I had to do was turn down the direct mix on all of the Profiles, because It sounded very weird to me to have it up even a little bit.

Yeah maybe some day I'll book a trip to the UK and do just that but for now I'll just sit here in the middle of the night in a small room in a 6-person apartment and get lost in some Tone King Falcon Profiles :)

• ... eatin' your MonkeyPeanutButter™ sandwich...

Sounds, cool to me, bro'.

You asked if one should do anything before going in to a booked session. Spare leads, and only take your best. Spare strings, and a new, stretched set on the guitar/s.

Obvious, really, but you wouldn't believe how many guitarists actually forget the basics, much to the dismay and inconvenience of engineers. It's like drummers who rock up with dull, crappy old skins; it's their responsibility to take care of that stuff, as it is yours with the aforementioned items.