Soundcraft Ui12 and Ui16 wi fi stage mixing desk

• Has anyone got experience of these wi fi mixers?

The concept looks good and the price seems reasonable.

I have read quite a bit about them and there is some criticism regarding continuity of the wi fi connection and the noise level of the preamps at higher levels of gain.

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/ui16

Your views experience and comments would be very much appreciated. I would be using it for small venues, open mic etc.

many thanks

Paul

• That looks really nice, but the fact it's all rack mount with no physical faders is a downfall for me.

I'm a big fan (as well as a lot of my friends in local bands) of the Behringer X32 series. Their iPhone app is about one of the worst-designed apps I've ever used, but it works well as long as you have a sturdy wifi connection. It's got a bit of a learning curve but I'd definitely recommend it.

If you get any mixer with a wireless connection, be sure to pick up some sort of wireless repeater. You don't necessarily need it if you're at the back of the house, but if you're adjusting monitor mixes via the app, all of them are notorious for poor signal strength.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• hi Doug,
    I'm not int the X32 league I'm afraid, but I have seen many honourable mentions of it in the reviews I've been reading.

:) I only need a small mixer and the UI16 would do the trick. I guess that the absence of physical controls keeps the price down and the size is more manageable for me as I get older.

Regarding the wi fi, the use of a repeater is a brilliant suggestion. I also have an old laptop, so I could use an Ethernet connection to the UI with the cable substituting for a snake.

many thanks
    Paul