level...

• I'm a happy lunchbox user for some years now, but I' still struggling with the different volume levels between patches...
    Often, when downloading a profile I am surprised that, compared to others, the different volume level is so huge...
    When I try to adjust the volume level, it is often not easy to make 2 different profiles volume sound equal... (is this English??)
    There must be a trick, or an easy way to do this...
    So dear community, help me please...

btw, am I the only one that from time to time, finds an awesome rig on the exchange, but for most of the time only download bad sounding rigs...
    I do not want to be rude, but I think that there must be a lot of crap amps in the world...
    Some profiles sound good at low volume, but when turning the volume level up this changes in a negative way... ;(

Edited 2 times, last by krikke ().

• After setting clean sens correctly I find it quite easy to level rigs with rig volume, assuming you take the Factory rigs which have been levelled nicely by Kemper as a reference.

Regarding rig exchange: I agree that about 95% of the rigs there are not for me.
    Which is totally fine by me because I'm not the one who profiled the rig and maybe other users are totally content with it.
    Nothing to complain about really.

• There are a number of places where the volume can be changed/set/altered. Each stomp and FX slot, cabinet, rig volume, master volume.

so make sure you check all of these locations when trying to level out the overall volumes between rigs and patches. Some users like to push the volume and others don't, so it's a mixed bag, but you should be able to compensate in the locations mentioned above without dramatically altering the tone.

sean

• I set my CS and got most of the rigs set the way I like them long before I knew how to set it correctly with the factory rigs. If I'm surfing on the RE it's always with the master volume down because of that. Easier than resetting 60+ profiles.

• This is likely due to Fletcher-Munson. I suggest to google it. :)

+1
    For me this is really the effect with the highest impact on stage-sound.
    Prelistening sounds on the RE or even sounds from TAF at "home-level" I'm very convinced about, but in 99 % of all cases I have to tweak them significantly at playing level in our rehearsal-room. Many of these sounds become udeless for me on this volume-level - or they must be changed so much, that they aren't similar to their origin-.
    But some sounds are really compatible. Try the dumble sounds on RE !!

• ...ok but, if you put the kemper direct into the mix table, you can only do that during the checksound... a little short...

That's true.
    It's inevitable to check all used sounds on live-level.
    So I do it in our rehearsal room. We recorded some songs only with drums and bass (without guitar) and I made a CD of this. I put the CD into the CD-player, level it to our live sound via our P.A. in our room and then I tweak the sounds according to this "playback". This procedure is for a rough tweak and good all over check without annoying my bandmates. But during rehearsals fine tuning can't be avoided.