Gun to your head - what's your favourite profile

• Gotta send some appreciation back for the above tips.

That Morgan SW22 has now become my go-to clean!
    I've always said to myself that distortions are typically easy, but get yourself a good clean and you have something to be proud of. Well, this one captures all the best I could ever hope for.

I went back a pulled up the TAF - Mars CM Drive profile from my archives.
    Ironically, with some gain mods it addressed a sound I happened to be trying to capture.
    Nice focused sustain.

FWIW - Let's not forget all those hidden gems we already have.

Thx for the tips, I would have never discovered/found these otherwise. ;)

Happy Kemper

• Hahaha Wow!!! How the hell did I miss this thanks so much for kind words sir!!! I hope you still play my profiles!
    @Rescator

Soundlab mk 4 nails the jp rhythm tone but u cant beat djemass for sweet lead tone

@meambobbo the name has changed but the "Petrucci sound" is still in the pack. Thanks! ^^

• This video was the thing that pushed me over the line to go and buy my Kemper! I didn't realise the profiles the lads captured were up for download in the youtube text, I should have looked....

In any event I've got them now...wow, they are awesome direct profiles for a guitar cab. Along with the Morgan mentioned above you have to try the JCM800 and the Silverback. I've found new number one sounds today!

• I have just found a profile tonight which has become my new favourite! Rhinog's Marshall 1959 71 which is in the Rig Exchange is in my opinion the best Marshall profile I've found so far (and thats including profiles i've tried from MBritt & Top Jimi!).

Great job & well done again to Rhinog! :thumbup:

• I have just found a profile tonight which has become my new favourite! Rhinog's Marshall 1959 71 which is in the Rig Exchange is in my opinion the best Marshall profile I've found so far (and thats including profiles i've tried from MBritt & Top Jimi!).

Great job & well done again to Rhinog! :thumbup:

Studio profile? How are you running your rig? FRFR?

• Studio profile? How are you running your rig? FRFR?

hi burger
    Not sure if it's a studio profile or what FRFR is I'm afraid. You're probably talking to the least technical minded person here or with a kemper! My method of working is if it sounds good great and if not try turning the control knobs to see if it sounds great. If it takes more than a few mins to hear anything good I move on rather than waste time. That's as techie as I get! :D

My set up is just a kemper plugged into a tascam dp32 with a couple of big monitors (forget what brand they are) and running it in stereo as to my ears it sounds more like a real amp in the room compared to mono.

Would though recommend you check rhinog's profile on the rig exchange if you like the Marshall sound. If I Remember right it's called Mars 1959 71. I altered the gain to about 5.0 so i can roll guitar volume knob from clean to overdriven/distorted.

Kind regards
    Ian

• Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply, that's helpful.
    FRFR just means Full Range Flat Response, which refers to any kind of speaker system that provides a flat response across the audible frequency range. I.e. A PA speaker or monitor wedge or studio monitors as you are using are all FRFR. None of them do it perfectly obviously, however they are very different to a guitar cab that is not flat nor is it full range.
    Some Kemper users prefer to run into studio monitors or some kind of FRFR cab for live monitoring utilising the Kempers Cab module, whereas others prefer running the Kemper into a traditional guitar cab bypassing the cab sim module on the Kemper.

At the end of the day, if it sounds good to you then it's good!

Thanks for the rig tip, will definitely check it out.

• Morgan SW22? Did anyone read the actual entries in RM for this profiled amp. It is recorded as being a 3rd Power Dream Weaver on Plexi channel with a Timmy pedal, am I missing something? It does sound good but......

@carsnguitars58
    @burger

• Yeah I saw this too, but I assumed they didn't update the profile metadata. Being Danish Pete's first profiles (I think) I figured they didn't pay too much attention to getting the data spot on.

• Yeah I saw this too, but I assumed they didn't update the profile metadata. Being Danish Pete's first profiles (I think) I figured they didn't pay too much attention to getting the data spot on.

Yeah, Rabea (?) commented on a facebook thread that the comments and other metadata were from the reference profile they had loaded. Sounds like it might have been one of MBritt's.

• Probably because the Rig Exchange is user-submitted free profiles, and commercial profiles are generally not free.

Yea, but I'm just wondering how it stops people from just sharing them anyway, or just renaming a bought profile and then sharing it as your own, for example.

• Kemper also purge any copies every now and again, handing out perma bans to anyone who uploads something that isn't their own work. It's very easy for them to see whether a profile has duplicates from the parameters embedded in it.

I wondered what was going on cause it sure sounds good but the eyes say it isn't what it is, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, Rabea (?) commented on a facebook thread that the comments and other metadata were from the reference profile they had loaded. Sounds like it might have been one of MBritt's.

I have never profiled an amp yet Sam, but you would think when you profile and the KPA creates the data for the amp that the metadata would be blank for you to fill in, oh well. I wonder how many other mislabeled rigs are out there.

• I wondered what was going on cause it sure sounds good but the eyes say it isn't what it is, if you know what I mean.

I have never profiled an amp yet Sam, but you would think when you profile and the KPA creates the data for the amp that the metadata would be blank for you to fill in, oh well. I wonder how many other mislabeled rigs are out there.

Many!

• Agree!

The other thing I noticed with the Andertons profiles is that even though they have Cab modules loaded they don't appear to make any difference to the sound on or off. I.e. They behave just like Direct profiles which is what I was expecting given how they were doing the A/B test.