Free profiles of modded 1973 Marshall JMP 1986 (aka - Super Bass)

• TThank you very much! Can't wait to try these. I grew up with Duane and Greg, in Florida, and have remained a big fan

Cool! Let me know how like them.

I suggest starting with Lead 3 and Lead 4. Those profiles are the closest that I could match with Duane's live tone using my reissue '59 Les Paul with PAF's. Also, with those settings the amp cleans up really nicely when you back off on the volume just a bit. :)

• Thanks! These work well for both humbuckers & singlecoils as played these with my strat and les paul.
    Instant Fillmore East vibes for sure "...I feel like I've been tied to the whipping post." :thumbup:
    That Cerwin Vega ER123 speaker seems to have quite distinctive character of its own. Hard to imagine that any Celestion would sound the same.

• as with real amps, a darker sounding profile can often benefit from a Treble Booster stomp.
    or you can always increase the Definition parameter.
    it's good practice to keep the original and save the edited versions with a different name, since these darker/brighter sounds often work very well together for overdubbing, or left/right doubling, as OP already said.

• Thx a lot for this profiles, I've been testing the clean and leads on the only guitar I got ATM ( Ibanez artist hollowbody) , I love the clean , superb job on this profiling session. This clean one is perfect for vintage , blues , funk & dirty tones, with a lil bit of gain.

Please upload them on the rig exchange or do a zip pack, they are really worth it.

• Thx a lot for this profiles, I've been testing the clean and leads on the only guitar I got ATM ( Ibanez artist hollowbody) , I love the clean , superb job on this profiling session. This clean one is perfect for vintage , blues , funk & dirty tones, with a lil bit of gain.

Please upload them on the rig exchange or do a zip pack, they are really worth it.

Thanks waraba! I am glad you like them.

All the profiles are now on the exchange under the name Plexi-B.

• Bump for these amazing profiles. These are definitely my favourite vintage Marshall profiles. And the nice thing is that the amp profiles works also really well with my favourite cabinets. Big thank you for Slapswan, I think you have managed to capture the soul of Super Bass.

Do I dare to ask some more profiles of your magical amp?

-Jari

• Bump for these amazing profiles. These are definitely my favourite vintage Marshall profiles. And the nice thing is that the amp profiles works also really well with my favourite cabinets. Big thank you for Slapswan, I think you have managed to capture the soul of Super Bass.

Do I dare to ask some more profiles of your magical amp?

-Jari

Thanks. The feedback is appreciated. :)

My profiler took a swan dive onto a cement floor during my last profiling session, so I am working on getting that repaired. After that, more profiles will follow. :)

• Always look on the bright side: after all, it's better to wreck Kemper than your Super Bass. Sounds cruel (especially in Kemper forum :P ), but there are far more KPA:s on production than inherited vintage Marshalls from '70s!

I don't know if you take suggestions, but if you do... because SB is notoriously dark by nature, bright profiles would be great. And direct/merged profiles would also be really interesting to test. Actually if I recall correctly, I haven't seen any direct or merged Marshall profiles around.

I hope all the best for the recovering process of your KPA. I also hope that recovery will be speedy, my Kemper is hungry for more vintage Marshall profiles... :)

-Jari

Edited once, last by jperttu ().

• Sorry to hear about your Profiler Swapswan... hope it will be well soon.

Thanks a lot for your contribution! Not only for the profiles, but also for the comments, I appreciated them a lot :)

• Thanks for these profiles. Just got around to trying them and wish I had sooner.

Really great vintage Marshall tone.

They aren't too dark for me - it's always nice to have a contrast to the brighter tones around.

Thanks also for putting them on RE.

• My profiler took a swan dive onto a cement floor during my last profiling session, so I am working on getting that repaired. After that, more profiles will follow. :)

Hi Slapswan, did you get your Kemper fixed? Haven't heard from you in ages and I'm still hungry for more profiles of your incredible amp.

-Jari

• Hi Slapswan, did you get your Kemper fixed? Haven't heard from you in ages and I'm still hungry for more profiles of your incredible amp.

-Jari

Hi Jari,

Unfortunately, I haven't. I started a new business recently, and I am keeping busy playing gigs with two bands. But man, I miss my Kemper! Will send it out this week for repair, and probably receive it back by the end of February.

I would like to capture some more profiles of the Super Bass. I have some great vintage JBL's I want to swap into the cabinet. Also, I have newer Marshall amp, a JCM 2000 that I have set the tube bias relatively low on. That makes it much more saggy and vintage sounding to my ears. I would like to see how well those profiles will come out. Of course, I'll share those too if anyone is interested.

Be well!

-David