Public Beta 3.1.0

• Yes those tones are great but you would be shocked to here them raw

no I wouldn't. :) I spend quite some time in MP&E/in quality studios

the point is that any type of generalization won't hold up.
    Pure Cab is a great tool and many people will make great use of it,
    the last thing the online community needs is another subjective opinion to become a myth by hearsay.
    your input is very much appreciated, but other opinions are just as valid. :)

• Hi there,

i have not downloaded the new Firmware yet, but i read in this thread, that the Pure Cab Feature also affects a guitar cab (monitor cab off).
    Has anyone tested that? I assume, that the pure cab sits behind the amp-block and is therefore not deactivated when checking the 'monitor cab off' option?
    Sorry, if this has been answered before.

Regards,
    LH

• Be aware of - the Pure cabinet feature changes also the sound when actived but dialed to zero....also be aware of that it does influence also the sound going to a real cabinet if you use something like that..

This is what i read. Eltzejupp seemed to have a similar question. This was deadlightstudios response:

???? You kidding me?? It don't sound like the real amp anymore? How bad is this? If it is so, there is really no magic behind it for every user with a real cab.

But i think i might understood it wrong. Maybe he just wanted to say, that when you connect the main outs to an external amp and then to a guitar cab, pure cab will change the sound of this traditional cab.

Regards,
    LH

• My Live-Scenario looks like this at the moment:

- Main Out to FOH
    - Speaker out (Powerhead) to 1x12 guitar cab (monitor cab off checked)

Is it correct, that when i now activate pure cab, that only the FOH-Sound will change and my Monitor-Sound (1x12 Cab) will stay the same?

Regards,
    LH

• New DI/DA profiles automatically disable the cab, right? In older KPA OS, the cab block was part of the amp without cab sound, so yes, pure cab would affect that.

Havent tested merged profiles with dual output, but if the signal sent to the real cab (monitor out with cab off) is affected by pure cab, i think that should be viewed as a bug

• Yes, at the main out with cab sim on it changes the sound. But i run my real cab at the monitor out
    with cab sim off. So it dont change the sound.

• I like the new PureCab option, but always at very low values or 0. In fact, in many high-gain rigs, I no doubt prefer the no PureCab, the old version. That mic'ed sound has it's own magic on it, at least when working in a studio environment. There's some metallic stuff there that's perfect for agressive and dark metal guitars,
    So I hope that they don't make this change permanent in future releases and live it as a switchable option like now!!
    What do you guys think?

• I like the new PureCab option, but always at very low values or 0. In fact, in many high-gain rigs, I no doubt prefer the no PureCab, the old version. That mic'ed sound has it's own magic on it, at least when working in a studio environment. There's some metallic stuff there that's perfect for agressive and dark metal guitars,
    So I hope that they don't make this change permanent in future releases and live it as a switchable option like now!!
    What do you guys think?

Don't worry, PureCab will always be switchable.

• There's just no way they'd do that.

I'd put my house on it, kukulkahn, if I had one.

EDIT: Ingolf, I see there's a green label superimposed over your avatar which says "Online".
    Pray tell, just what sort of a line are you on, bro'?

Bad... actually, terrible joke. They say that practice makes perfect, so I'll be off to rehearse in front of a mirror; at least it's an easy room.

• That's what I was thinking, Ingolf. I'd ask the secretary at Kemper HQ to confirm this but I don't know which line he / she's on.

Is he / she even online? No matter. I'm just glad to be able to speak across the big pond without our baked-bean cans and a long wire.

What'll they think of next? I thought it'd all been done when I first heard the KPA...

• Ouch! My brain hurts already...

Oh yeah, Kim, I had a chance to listen to those toons earlier on "proper" speakers, and it seems my predictions based on what I heard on the Mac speaker were correct. Bang-up job, man. Brilliant.

I was particularly struck by the song which used the album cover pic (audio only). Such imaginative chord changes, and yet so very musical. That number's a bit of a masterpiece, IMHO.

Well done!

• I also did a small test using a high gain profile to compare Pure Cab and the "old way" of EQing out over-represented frequencies:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My result: Pure Cab is really great for monitoring - for recording I prefer the old way, because it's more open and crispy and has less "brizzling"

• I have noticed three things with the current beta OS: 1. Sometimes the KPA's reaction to tweaks (calling up the Amp menu, adjusting or adding effects) is slowed down, delayed. 2. Rigmanager freezes from time to time. Patience helps. I have had no crashes of Rigmanager, but sometimes I have to wait for up to 60 seconds until Rigmanager reacts again. Clicking on a different folder and then choosing a rig helps. 3. Yesterday, I had the "Rigmanager syncing performances" phenomenon that has been reported before, for the first time.

These are my findings. A bit hard to decide which thread to put this in, beause there are so many threads dealing with the latest OS.

Edited once, last by joerch ().