Public Beta 3.1.0

• I've used perfect because I liked the sound of the KPA and thought that was 100% authentic. Now why are we admit that wasn't so authentic and now is more? And it's now more authentic or it's more authentic without the pure cabinet and we just think that now it's more authentic because the sound it's more liked with it pure cabinet to our ears?

please read the document:
    without Pure Cabinet you get the authentic mic'ed cab tone
    with Pure Cabinet you can go from that mic'ed cab tone towards an "in-the-room" tone.

"As a proof of concept we have let a number of these "desensitized" professional players and producers test the new Pure Cabinet feature in several situations. Their first reaction was along the lines of: "That pain that I got used to over the years, is now gone. It's a huge relief." They did not want to deactivate Pure Cabinet in any situation - there was simply no reason to switch it off again. So, much to our surprise, they did not miss the original mic'ed sound for a second. Not one of them looked back."

• I would also like to know how stable this new Beta-upgrade and the "pure cab" is.No doubt a great new thing (as I understand mostly for the "high-gain"-guys) but can I upgrade tomorrow and go out to play it live;

• No the opposite ;)

Imo its really stable

Thanx for your insight my friend.But I have the same gut-feeling I always had about these things.I will wait untill everything runs 100%.For this I will wait as along as it takes reading what the users of 3.1 will have to say in the next weeks.

• Loved it since day one.
    For me, the difference has always been huge even in my studio... Never switched it back.

allegretto, to make it simple I'd think of it this way: while playing a real, distorted amp, put your ear (DON'T! :D) against the transduce: you'll hear a lot of harshness and "digital distortion" (LOL). Now gradually move away to - say - one meter pr so. Imagine that your distance from the cab corresponds to the PC's setting.
    This control tries to EQ the contributions pf the mic out. For those who don't like it

:)

• Thanx for your insight my friend.But I have the same gut-feeling I always had about these things.I will wait untill everything runs 100%.For this I will wait as along as it takes reading what the users of 3.1 will have to say in the next weeks.

Why? The more people to test this beta the more stable it will be when it will be "Release". You cannot recreate every possible user defined parameters in the KPA or any other equipment.

• A hint to those who update to OS 3.1 beta: After installing the new OS, my input section was unlocked. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. So make sure you check your input section and have it locked to your settings if you wish to have it locked.

• I've found the harshness in the KPA analog output taxing and the cumulative sound when recording multiple guitar parts with the KPA required surgical eq per track that usually resulted in something that was still not ideal. In another post I described how I found a way to tame this harshness by using the KPA SP/DIF output to an external DA that has tubes in one part of the circuit and I could keep my DAW at 48k.

Experimenting with Pure Cabinet for an hour using the analog outs provides something similar in the reduction of harshness. It sounds like (among other parameters) the adjustments of Pure Cabinet is phase related similar to Linear Phase vs. Analog Phase (Clear Cabinet ON) EQ plugins.

I will try PureCab through SP/DIF out to my external convertor.

The low and high pass filters are a nice addition. If they were already there I didn't notice.

And here I was thinking the Kemper crew went on a long vacation!
    Thanks for the continued development of the KPA

Will

Edited once, last by WillB ().

• Why? The more people to test this beta the more stable it will be when it will be "Release". You cannot recreate every possible user defined parameters in the KPA or any other equipment.

Ofcourse you are right.Nevertheless I will wait some time.I am "still a rookie" and not to sure about how good I set up the KPA yet.So I will not hurry.I will see what the KPA-"veterans" find while they will use Beta 3.1 live and in the studio.Then I will also upgrade.I beg "for pardon".. :rolleyes:

• A hint to those who update to OS 3.1 beta: After installing the new OS, my input section was unlocked. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. So make sure you check your input section and have it locked to your settings if you wish to have it locked.

I just installed it and Input is locked fine

• Fantastic news! I am glad I just sold my Axe Fx2 :) A question to the beta testers: I have always used an EQ to "Tame" those harsh highs, and I know many guitarists do the same. Do you recommend removing the EQ when using Pure cab?
    Kind regards
    Roger

• Ofcourse you are right.Nevertheless I will wait some time.I am "still a rookie" and not to sure about how good I set up the KPA yet.So I will not hurry.I will see what the KPA-"veterans" find while they will use Beta 3.1 live and in the studio.Then I will also upgrade.I beg "for pardon".. :rolleyes:

[Blocked Image: http://www.e-papierosy-forum.pl/images/smilies/a_bicz.gif:D

• Fantastic news! I am glad I just sold my Axe Fx2 :) A question to the beta testers: I have always used an EQ to "Tame" those harsh highs, and I know many guitarists do the same. Do you recommend removing the EQ when using Pure cab?
    Kind regards
    Roger

You'll want to adjust it if Pure Cabinet has reduced what you were EQing out but it is subtle. As I said above, it is similar to (I use DMG Equilibrium) switching between Linear Phase to Analog Phase mode in a DAW EQ plugin.

Will

Edited once, last by WillB ().

• +1 as far as maybe not so suited for high-gain/metal-esque sounds. It changed the sound of a Lasse Lambert Engl Blackmore profile dramaticly.
    And not in a good way to my ears. Fortunately for me, I am more into the medium- to high-gain drive sounds. Using a Amp Factory Evil Robot Phil X profile, the Pure Cabinet gives a new vibe and overal tone
    to the profile. Using headphones btw. So I'm eager to find out how this will affect my other profiles.
    Thanks Kemper for our newest 'toy'. Very glad to see you don't do obligatory updates, but put a lot of effort to take this great machine to further horizons!

• @DamianGreda

"No risk,no fun" was also my favorite slogan when I was in your age.. :D;)

+1 as far as maybe not so suited for high-gain/metal-esque sounds. It changed the sound of a Lasse Lambert Engl Blackmore profile dramaticly.
    And not in a good way to my ears.

Now I am a little bit baffled.I thought this "pure cab" has the biggest impact on more modern and higher distorted sounds;No;

• Just installed - and i hear that mostly high gain profiles are "affected" positively :)

There are more mids and better bass response with lower 4-10 Khz region . I think it is good option to have :thumbup:

Kind regards
    Roger

I am not a beta tester by any means, but I have played with the Pure Cabinet engaged for some time now and with every profile that has little to a lot of gain, it's now fun to add treble and presence ... which before could only be done to a certain degree.